- Interested in full-time paid positions to teach Hong Kong students in a school?
- Interested in working for a non-profit organisation on a 9 month contract?
- Outgoing, creative and organised?
- Serious about your professional, personal and cultural development?
- Considering a career in education, TESOL or NGO?
The Chatteris Educational Foundation is a non-profit charitable organisation founded in 1990. Chatteris helps Hong Kong students improve their English, promotes cultural exchange and develops young leaders with a global vision. Since 2006, Chatteris has provided opportunities for over 600 university graduates to work in Hong Kong schools on a 9-month paid contract as a Chatteris English Tutor. In addition to the professional development graduates receive in school, Chatteris offers a comprehensive development programme.
Teaching in a Chinese school environment is a challenging and rewarding experience. CNETs develop many valuable skills, such as confidence, flexibility, patience, communication and an appreciation of cultural diversity. In addition to professional in-school experience, the Chatteris International Graduate Programme offers further opportunities, including project management, career development and community work. These initiatives provide graduates with skills that can be easily transferred to any future career. Extensive support and training is provided throughout the year. Additional opportunities are available to support those who would like assistance in bridging the gap from English tutor to a qualified TESOL teacher.
Online application at http://www.chatteris.org.hk, with a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume. Before application, we advise you read the details under the “Key Information” tab on our website, and view the Chatteris International Graduate Programme video by following this link:https://vimeo.com/151861232
University graduates of any discipline with a bachelor's degree or higher qualification; native English speaker or native-level English competence; excellent clarity of speech; must have a keen interest in working with children, teenagers, young adults or perhaps considering a teaching career. No previous experience is needed as training will be provided. We are looking for the right personality and attitude.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• 9-month contract – commences 1 September 2016 (Mandatory orientation training begins on 8 August 2016)
• HK$14,000 per month (Approx. USD$1800)
• Full time school placement
• Training provided
• Housing provided during orientation period
• Airport pick up on 8 August 2016