We have been awarded a Best Brand award from Korea Times as the top school in Junior Education for the past 8 years. POLY students have won numerous awards in national English aptitude tests, and every student must pass a strict entrance test before being allowed to join our academy. The curriculum is based on the US education system where classes are taught using books other elementary and middle schools use in their classrooms. We follow the common-core standards to enriching our students in English.
With over 40 campuses throughout Korea and Vietnam, POLY has a strong and dependable reputation among teachers and parents. We offer a well-developed curriculum, a competitive benefit and salary package, as well as experienced staff that provide hands-on training both inside and outside of the classroom to make your adjustment to POLY as smooth as possible.
The GwangMyeong POLY campus is located just minutes outside of Seoul. With easy access to transportation and shopping, GwangMyeong is an ideal location to work and live.
We are a small campus of 6 foreign teachers from the United States and Canada. Given our smaller size, staff and teachers have a closer, more family-like relationship with each other and their students. We have been lucky to have many teachers resign year after year because of this and the countless other benefits of working at GwangMyeong POLY.
* Monthly Salary: 2.9 million KRW – 3.2 million KRW (depending on experience)
* Working Hours: MWF 9:00am- 7:10pm and TuTh 9:00am – 7:55pm (No weekend classes)
* Class Length: 40 mins
* Classroom Size: maximum 12 students
* Level: Preschool to Elementary
* Number of Positions: 1 (starting mid-late June)
* Contract Duration: 12 months
Benefits and Compensation:
• Some of the highest salaries in the industry
• Pre-paid airfare to and from Korea
• Single furnished housing (bed, refrigerator, washing machine, stove, air conditioner, etc.)
• 10 days of paid vacation plus National holidays
• Fixed schedule (you will not be teaching past your scheduled hours)
• Severance bonus – upon completion of a 12-month contract
• Pension contributions matched by POLY
• National health insurance – 50% is paid for by POLY
• No internet/telephone lessons
• No split shifts
- Native English speaker
- Kyopos (American or Canadian born Koreans) are welcome
- Valid passport from the USA or Canada with at least 6 months validity remaining
- 4-year Bachelor degree from an accredited American or Canadian university/college
- Enthusiasm for teaching with an outgoing personality A MUST
- Willingness to cooperate and a genuine love of children REQUIRED
Required documents for an E-2 Visa include:
- Apostilled/Notarized (US/Canada dependent) copy of Diploma
- Copy of valid US/Canadian passport
- Passport Photos (x5)
- Federal Criminal Background Check (Apostilled/Notarized)
If you are interested in applying for our position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and recent photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website: www.koreapolyschool.com