The Edge Learning Center is an educational services company that provides a full spectrum of premium educational services to students, schools, and corporations. The company's three departments - Academic Tutoring, Test Preparation and Admissions Consulting - cater to a variety of different clients, and offer services ranging from Test Preparation to Curriculum Development.
This position requires a passion for teaching and a high level of interpersonal communication skills. Experience in the American education system is necessary; experience in the Hong Kong education system will be helpful, but not mandatory.
Based out of The Edge Learning Center’s headquarters in Hong Kong, the English Language and/or Literature Instructor reports to the Center Manager and the Head of Academics and is primarily responsible for ensuring that student receive exceptional service and training.
• Design and deliver IB/AP/IGCSE/A-Levels curriculum for students for group and one-on-one lessons on English Language and/or English Literature and/or Academic Writing
• Teaching Edge English, IELTS/TOEFL Tests courses and private tuition.
• Conduct pre- and post- course assessments
• Develop, write and edit course materials & contents
• Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English and/or English Literature or related field from a top university
• Fluency in English with preferably 1+ years of teaching experience
• Superior writing and analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Experience in test preparation/academic counseling is a plus
• Require a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification for the English Language position
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org