Recruitment Period: April 2016
Position: Qualified Native English Speaking ESL Teachers
Penang could very well be your next destination in your teaching career!
We are an authorised Cambridge English Language Assessment Centre based in Penang and Butterworth. We conduct Cambridge English (YLE and Main Suite) at our centres, Private and National type Chinese Malaysian schools. If you are hard-working, dedicated, committed, motivated and a team-player, we would like you to join our expanding team.
The ideal candidate should have experience interacting with a range of ages and proficiency levels and apply a communicative approach to their lesson delivery. A keen eye for detail, good knowledge of lesson planning, classroom management, excellent time management and the ability to engage students in an effective and productive manner are some of the key qualities needed for the job. We are particularly keen to hear from teachers with media/technology experience as we seek to develop our ‘blended learning’ approach to English teaching.
Essential Candidate Criteria:
- Teaching Qualification (Diploma TESOL, CELTA, higher or equivalent)
- A degree (preferably in education)
- Minimum 2 years teaching English as a second language
- Native English Speaker (UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland)
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Able to handle administrative tasks in an organised manner
- Willing to travel to different centres and schools to teach
- Culturally sensitive
- IT competent
- Available Immediately
Desirable Candidate Criteria:
- Previous work experience with pre-school and young learners
- Previous work experience with teens and young adults
- Knowledge and experience with Cambridge English exams (YLE, KEY, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE)
Starting salary is from RMRM7,000 onwards depending on experience and qualifications.Please send your CV (inclusive of 2 referees) along with a photo and a covering letter highlighting your work experience in relation to the outlined candidate criteria and job specifications.
Due to the high volumes of CVs sent, we will only contact shortlisted candidates. Interviews will be conducted via skype.
Email Ms Tracy, GPEX Central Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 April 2016