Applications for TOEFL Instructor positions at Yonsei University, Wonju Campus (Gangwon Province) beginning September 1st, 2016
Yonsei University Wonju Campus
Applications for TOEFL Instructor positions at Yonsei University, Wonju Campus (Gangwon Province) beginning September 1st, 2016 are now being accepted. Applications should be addressed and sent to Dr. Park,<email@example.com>To get the online application form, click here:
If you are unable to access this form, please contact Dr. Park (details below) and a file will be emailed to you.
Instructions for Applying:
1. Download and complete the application form. (When you open the link above, download and save the MS Word document by using the Download option at the top of the page.)
2. Email the application form and your resume/CV to Dr. Park. Please do not email any additional documents unless requested.
3. See below for other required documents if you are contacted for an interview.
Please be aware that incomplete applications and emails that do not include an application form will NOT be considered.
The deadline for applying is Wednesday, May18th, 2015. After submitting an application, candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by email or telephone.
Interviews for September 2016 positions will be held on Saturday, May 21stand Sunday, May 22nd. Interviews at other times may be possible by appointment (including Webcam for overseas applicants).
Details of the Position:
1. Job title: TOEFL Instructor
2. Period of Contract: September1st, 2016 – August31st, 2017
3. Teaching Load
16 contact hours per week in two hour blocks teaching TOEFL listening, speaking, reading and writing.
4. Salary & Qualifications
Basic Salary per month: 2,140,000 won (16 hours per week) Additional hours beyond the contractual 16 contact hours per week are compensated at the overtime rate of 50,000 won.
BA + more than one year ESL/EFL experience
5. Job Description:
Instructors are required to teach TOEFL Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing classes of 16 contact hours per week. Instructors may be required to teach up to 4 hours per week of overtime. (Additional hours beyond the contractual 16 contact hours per week are compensated at the overtime rate of 50,000 won.)
The Instructor will teach two semesters, with fall and spring being 16 weeks long followed by 20 week long winter and summer vacation.
6. Starting Date and Orientation Session:
The starting date for this position will be September 1st, 2016. Please be aware that one day mandatory teacher training/orientation session will be held during the final week of August.
University –owned, rent-free, furnished, one- bed room apartment off campus.
A total of 20 weeks paid vacation (Five Months, not including national holidays)
9. Additional Benefits:
Instructors will be eligible for:
(a) A reimbursement for 50% of a round-trip ticket or 100% of a one-way ticket from a country outside of Asia (in KRW) at the conclusion of their one-year contract
(b) A reimbursement of up to 500,000 KRW (within S.E. Asia) for one (1) round-trip airfare (i.e. a visa run) at the conclusion of their one-year contract
(c) A reimbursement for transfer fee for teachers able to transfer their visa
(d) National Pension Service with monthly premiums made by the Instructor and the university.
All interested applicants are asked to submit ONLY the following documents by email:
1. Instructor Application
2. Current copy of resume/CV
Required Documents if selected for an Interview:
Those candidates selected for an interview must bring the following documents to the interview:
1. A photocopy of your university diploma (with degree verification information)
2. Two (2) copies of your resume
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation
4. A lesson plan for a unit from our textbook, which we will provide to you if contacted for an interview.
Successful candidates will be REQUIRED TO SUBMIT the following documents within a week of receiving an offer of a contract:
1. Original university diploma confirmed by the Apostille agreement (for participating countries), or by a Korean embassy or consulate abroad (for non-apostille-participant-countries)
2. University transcripts (mailed directly to our institution from your university)
3. Two (2) copies of your resume
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation
5. Three (3) passport size photos
6. Release letter (if employed in Korea)
7. Official work record in Korean language (°æ·ÂÁõ¸í¼)
8. Criminal Background Check confirmed by the Apostille agreement (for participating countries), or by a Korean embassy or consulate abroad (for non-apostille-participant-countries)
Deadline & Contacts:
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, May18th, 2015 at 11pm (KST). If you are interested in a position and cannot access the internet-based application, or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Associate Dean, Dr. Park at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office phone: 033-760-5081