Experienced Teachers for Public ELEMENTARY Schools
Experienced Teachers for Public ELEMENTARY Schools in Gangnam, Seoul
starting in September 1st, 2014
The Gangnam District Office is currently looking for a full-time English instructor to teach at public ELEMENTARY schools in the Gangnam area. We want enthusiastic, dedicated and caring teacher who has at least two years teaching experience in Korea and is available for FACE to FACE interview on July 17th. Please read the following CAREFULLY before you apply.
Application Period : July 1, 2014 - July 12, 2014(Interview decision expected by July 15th)
Interview Date : July 17th, 2014(14:00 p.m.)
* These schedules are tentative and are subject to change.
* Interview candidates will receive an e-mail individually by July 15th.
1.B.A.degree(should have Teaching License, or TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/SIT Certificate- comprising
a minimum of 100 course hours)
2.At least 2 years of English teaching experience in Korea to students aged 7-12
3.Must hold available passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the
UK, or the USA, and currently stay in Korea for face-to-face interview.
Documents to be Submitted:
Interested applicants should send ALL the DOCUMENTS listed below to the Program Coordinator(Minhye Son) - E-mails with partial/incomplete documents will not be accepted.
1. A cover letter describing your qualifications/experiences
2. A current resume (Microsoft Word format)
3. A scanned copy of passport information page
4. Scanned copies of degrees, TESOL/TEFL/CELTA/SIT certificates
5. Contact information of current/former employers in Korea
6. A copy of apostilled degree**
7. A copy of apostilled nation-wide criminal record check**
(Americans-FBI check / Canadians-RCMP check)
** If you have already submitted the originals to the Seoul Immigration Office, you can get the copies of them at the Seoul Immigration Office (#1345) - we only need the copies of them. You have to submit these documents regardless of your visa status(including F4 and F6).
8. A copy of alien registration (front and back)
9. A copy of recent ID picture
10. (If you are hired) you will be required to submit a health check(HIV and TBPE) and the local Korean police check.
1. Hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm from Monday to Friday
2. Maximum of 22 teaching hours each week (a 40-minute instruction and a 10-minute break is considered as one hour)
3. Four weeks (21 working days) paid vacation in addition to all national holidays (to be divided among the summer, winter, and spring vacation periods upon your principal’s approval)
Salary/Benefits with an Annual Contract:
1. 1.8 – 2.7 million Won/Month depending on qualifications(usually start from 2.3 million won)
2. 900,000 won housing stipend(Housing is NOT provided, Key money is also not provided)
3. Settlement Allowance 300,000 won / Exit Allowance 1,300,000 won
4. Medical Insurance/National Pension
5. Severance Pay
※ The principals in Gangnam District have authorized Gangnam District Office to be in charge of this hiring process.