Academic Coordinator, English Language Program (ELP)
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Anticipated start date: Spring 2016; 3 year contract with opportunity for renewal
Salary Range: $55,000-$69,000, dependent on qualifications and experience
Reporting to the Director, International, the Academic Coordinator will instruct courses, as well as develop, maintain, and revise curricula for all programs.
The Academic Coordinator is the primary point of contact between administration and instructors, and the primary point of contact for students on academic matters. The Academic Coordinator directly oversees instructor performance and instructor concerns. The Academic Coordinator also counsels students on academic issues and oversees students’ academic progress.
Student Oriented Duties
• Oversee students’ academic progress
• Provide academic counselling
Teacher Oriented Duties
• Instruct English Language Program (ELP) courses
• Develop and revise curriculum and evaluation material for current and new programs
• Counsel teachers on use of curriculum and evaluation materials and ensure consistency of outcomes
• Oversee teachers’ completion of regular student progress reports
• This position may evolve to include teacher evaluation and professional development provision.
• Master’s degree in related field: TESL, Applied Linguistics, DELTA, etc.
• Minimum 5 years experience teaching ESL to adults
• Background in curriculum development
• Proven experience in developing evaluation material and work as a professional examiner
• Strong teaching skills and classroom presence
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the demonstrated ability to interact with persons from diverse backgrounds
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the proven ability to establish priorities, organize own work, and work with minimal supervision
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
Interested applicants are invited to submit a single pdf document (email subject header: Academic Coordinator) that includes a cover letter, resume, along with the name and contact information of three current professional references to: