Job Type: Contract, Part time
Who We Are
GVE Online Education Inc. is a Toronto-based startup committed to helping students in China improve their English listening and speaking skills. Since the beginning of 2015, we have been providing an online learning platform as well as live tutoring sessions to students from Grades 1 through 9. What sets us apart from competitors is that our lessons align with the Chinese English curriculum and we have an incredible North American tutor team. We have been making significant improvements to our product and services over the last year. This summer, we are ramping up our efforts for the upcoming school year and that is why we need you.
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic English tutors to deliver our online live tutoring lessons. Our tutors are passionate about the future of online education. They understand how to make every lesson exciting and entertaining by using their sense of humor, musical stylings, voice acting, or just their radiant personalities. Tutoring over the Internet can be challenging. Our tutors excel at creating a personal and effective online learning experience for our students. Successful candidates can expect to start in July/August.
What We Offer:
● Competitive Wages: You will be compensated well for delivering exceptional online lessons.
● Flexible Hours: Our lessons occur between 6AM to 10AM Eastern Time, Monday to Saturday. Select the times that you are available and spend the rest of the day relaxing with friends/family, building a bird house, crocheting a hat or other equally productive activities.
● Free Training: Tutoring online can be a challenge. We provide you training in mastering the technology and in delivering our unique online lessons.
● Work from Home: No commute. No micro-managers. Spend more time with family.
What You Will Do:
● Deliver 30 minutes GVE Live Interactive Video Lessons in the coming summer campaign in July and August: Internet video interaction with students from grades 1 to grade 9 using WebEX (video conferencing tool) to enhance English communication abilities both listening and speaking
● Provide constructive feedback to students to help them improve their speaking skills
●Create a safe, positive, respectful and supportive online environment, to help GVE Chinese students successfully complete learning goals of each lesson and progress to a higher level of English communication proficiency
●Work flexible hours coordinated with GVE’s Online Lesson Schedule
Skills and Experience:
● Native English fluency required
● Committed availability, minimum one hour, from 6am to 10am Eastern Time Zone (UTC+08:00)
● Qualified home office/location with an internet-connected computer with webcam capability (see hardware & software section below)
● Minimum three-month or equivalent combination of ESL/EFL teaching experience, including part-time, volunteer, community and coaching activities
● Strong communication skills interacting with ESL/EFL students
● Must be punctual at all times and follow the agreed-upon lesson schedule
● Passionate about language education
● Will be required to pass an externally generated background check, including a criminal record report
● Bachelor of Education
● ESL Teacher training certifications: TESOL/TESL/TEFL
● ESL/EFL teaching experience, which may include a combination of part-time, volunteer, community and coaching activities
Computer Hardware & Software Recommendations:
● Operating System: Window 7, 8, 10 or Mac OS 10
● CPU: Intel Core Series (Core Duo, i3, i5, i7)
● Memory: 4GB or More
● Internet Bandwidth: Minimum 5+ Mbit per second Download / 1+ Mbit per second Upload
● External Hardware: Built-in or External WebCam and Headphone with Microphone
● Web Browsers: Google Chrome
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please apply on our website career page: http://www.gveoe.com. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.