Spend a summer working in a fascinating country and experience a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern at Apollo English in Vietnam.
We have a significant number of vacancies to cover our extensive summer programme. Contracts include a short induction, classroom observations and a short training programme before teaching starts. Our friendly team offers ongoing academic support throughout the summer.
At Apollo you can expect:
• Commitment to professional development and high-quality teaching standards
• A wide range of resources and modern facilities
• A variety of courses and learners
• Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
Teachers will be teaching the young learner summer programme from kindergarten through to teens. Depending on the placement centre, some teachers may be asked to teach the extra-curricular activities programme. Teachers also need to be aware that there is a possibility of travelling to other centres, particularly in Hanoi.
Classes are scheduled between 7.30am and 10.00pm Monday to Friday, 7:30am and 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday; teachers may be scheduled anytime during these hours. Generally, teachers are timetabled to work a 5-day week, with two consecutive days off.
Placement testing and attendance at extra-curricular activities are paid at an administrative rate (2 administrative hours = 1 teaching hour.). Normal administrative duties such as preparing for classes, marking tests, writing reports, attending in-house training and meetings, etc. are considered part of teaching duties and therefore there is no extra remuneration for these.
Please visit our website for more information about working at Apollo and living in Vietnam: www.teachatapollo.com
• Native level English speaker
• CELTA/Trinity TESOL or equivalent (on-line certificates are not acceptable)
• BA or MA
• At least one year’s experience or B in CELTA preferred
• Enthusiasm, energy and a strong sense of cultural awareness are essential
• Previous young learners experience is also desirable
If you are considering extending your contract after summer, we recommend you obtain a police check before arriving to allow us to obtain a full work permit.
Owing to varying programmes there are currently three contract lengths available. The rates below are in Vietnamese Dong (VND) and represent the total amount paid over the duration of the contract. Payment during the contract is paid every two weeks.
10 working weeks (11 weeks total):
• 42,600,000VND / ten weeks of teaching
• Contract completion bonus of 6,177,000VND
• Teachers are contracted for 200 teaching hours over the period of the contract*. Overtime is calculated and paid at the end of the contract on any teaching hours over the 200 contracted hours.
12 working weeks (13 weeks total):
• 51,120,000VND / twelve weeks of teaching
• Contract completion bonus of 7,455,000VND
• Teachers are contracted for 240 teaching hours over the time of the contract*. Overtime is calculated and paid at the end of the contract on any teaching hours over the 240 contracted hours.
14 working weeks (15 weeks total):
• 59,640,000VND / fourteen weeks of teaching
• Contract completion bonus of 9,052,500VND
• Teachers are contracted for 280 teaching hours over the time of the contract*. Overtime is calculated and paid at the end of the contract on any teaching hours over the 280 contracted hours.
*Please note that owing to the Summer School market in Vietnam, teachers on longer contracts may teach more hours during the first 8-10 weeks of their stay to reach the target teaching hours. These hours may then be balanced with fewer teaching hours during the last 4-6 weeks depending on demand.
All contracts include:
• Overtime rate at 430,000VND per hour paid for any hours taught over contracted hours
• Accommodation provided at a local hotel from May 19th for entire contract length
• Meet & greet at the airport. Transportation to and from the airport on arrival and departure
• Flight allowance of up to 6,390,000VND (paid on arrival)
• Visa arrangement and costs
*Please note that all salaries and bonuses are subject to Vietnamese tax laws
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Ms. Ngan Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV (with your current photo) in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.