Teacher Mentors required in Borneo
Between £20k to £25k + excellent benefits
We have a number of opportunities to work as Teacher Mentors as part of an English Language Teacher Development Project (ELTDP) in Labuan, Sarawak and Sabah, states in Borneo, East Malaysia. These locations are famous for their ancient rainforests and wildlife, not to mention their world-renowned beaches. The population of both states is made up of many indigenous groups with fascinating cultures and traditions.
The project is part of the Malaysian government’s efforts to up-skill primary English teachers, particularly in the context of a new English curriculum which stresses communicative approaches and making learning fun. These roles will be in towns and cities but many are in very remote locations indeed and you must travel to school by boat or four-wheel-drive vehicle.
You will be working on a fixed term contract until 30th September 2015, at which point you will be able to apply internally for other roles across the globe.
- Due to restrictions imposed by the Ministry of Education, you must be between 27 and 63, and have a university degree to obtain a work permit for this post.
- Minimum 2yrs post qualification teaching experience including a minimum of 500hrs of early years’ experience.
- CELTA or Trinity TESOL
- A Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- IELTS 8.5 for non-native speakers of English
- High level of computer literacy
- Competitive annual salary between £20k to £25k (Please note, cost of living in East Malaysia is incredibly cheap)
- Project completion bonus equivalent to one month’s basic salary if you join on / before September 2014.
- Return flights fully paid
- Visa processing fully paid
- Baggage allowance of £1200 at beginning and end of the contract
- 35 days holiday taken during school breaks
- Medical insurance (BUPA)
- A settling-in allowance equivalent to two weeks' salary for single employees or three weeks’ salary for employees accompanied by family members in order to help you to meet your initial expenses on first arrival in Malaysia.
- Up to two weeks' accommodation and up to two weeks' subsistence provided.
- Transportation provided to and from work
Start date will be as soon as visa is processed.