Contract period: Sep. 1, 2016 to Aug. 31, 2017
1. This program provides English conversation classes for students who are
highly motivated to take extra English conversation classes beyond the
university¡¦s required credit courses.
2. Beginning Salary: 2.4 million Korean Won a month.
3. A 7-week session (for 2 months as a unit) is run, totaling to 6 sessions a year.
4. An average twenty 50-minute lessons per week
5. About 7 days following the closing of each session is allocated as a session break; usually, vacation is thus estimated to be about 6 weeks a year.
1. Native speaker of English.
2. M.A. TESOL, M.Ed. and/or Linguistics preferred. B.A. in relevant field (ELT) with TEFL/TESOL Certificate considered.
3. Previous EFL teaching experience to adults (experience in Korea preferred). More than 3 years experience
The DEADLINE for applications: June 30, 2016. Decisions regarding hiring will be made as quickly as possible.
1. Severance: The equivalent of 1 month¡¦s pay/year as severance paid upon the end of employment with KNU
2. Pension: National Pension Plan, 50% monthly contribution by KNU
3. Insurance: Medical, 50% paid for by KNU
4. Free Housing: Furnished studio apartment(2 bedroom apartment for married couples)
5. Classrooms: TV/computer units; audio-cassette players; heaters & A/C units
6. Airfare: NO AIRFARE PROVIDED
Email PDF documents to Sun young Kim at email@example.com and Zachary Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Box first name. family name
- Cover Letter (file to be named: first name. family name. cover letter)
- Resume (file to be named: first name. family name. resume)
When invited for an interview, interviewees need to provide:
1. Copy of passport information
2. Copies of all degrees & transcripts (Degree with Apostille)
3. 3 letters of recommendation
4. Please specify when your current contract expires (Copy of current contract)
5. Please specify marital status (for accommodation purposes)
6. You must be able to satisfy all current Korean immigration regulations including:
Criminal record check with Apostille(within 6 months)
* All candidates need to verify original documents.
*Applicants are responsible for work related visa costs
Location: Language Institute Building
- Map: http://www2.knu.ac.kr/
- Building code: C-12