Seeking a fantastic teacher for an equally fantastic position!
After 2 great years at a school where I have loved working, I have volunteered to find my replacement. T&J Academy is located in Namwon, a small town in the southwestern province of Jeollabuk-do. Enjoy the clean air and beautiful countryside while teaching at a hagwon with great students and employers. Standard benefits include:
- Airfare to and from Korea
- 50% medical insurance and pension
- 1 month severance at the completion of the contract
- Furnished housing
- 10 vacation days per year - 6 chosen by the school and 4 for you to take anytime
- All national holidays
At T&J, you will be working with all ages and levels, including kindergarten, elementary, middle & high school, and adult students. Applicants should be interested, if not experienced, in teaching this variety of learners. Working hours are from 1-9 pm M-F including a one hour break in the evening, and free lunch is offered every day. There are 3 teachers in total (2 Korean, 1 foreign) and approximately 80 students. This is a high-quality position - one of the best you'll find in the country - and we are seeking a high-quality teacher to match. Applicants should have a strong work ethic, possess creative problem-solving skills, and be committed to helping students succeed.
- Native English speaker from either the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand, or Australia (note: this is not our requirement, but the Korean government's)
- 3 or 4 year university degree (Bachelor's or equivalent)
- 100 hour TESOL certification
- Experience teaching children in some capacity
- 2 work references
- University degree in English or Education-related field
- CELTA certification
- Prior TEFL experience
- Candidates with experience teaching in Korea or currently living in Korea strongly preferred!
To apply, please send your resume and references to TJAcademyNamwon@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from all qualified candidates!