Live & Work in Downtown Seoul (Jongro): IRT position, 20 vacation days + full benefits
YBM/SISA founded in 1961 generated more than 420 million dollars ($US) revenues last year combining our publishing division, education division and testing division. YBM publishes Newsweek Magazine, National Geographic, Reader’s Digest and is the official test administer for the TOEIC Exam as well as the Microsoft Office User Exam. YBM is the largest and most well known education based corporation within Korea offering career opportunities with chance of advancement throughout various division.
The ideal candidate for the IRT Position is someone who enjoys working at various schools as a relief teacher. Most of the relief teaching duties target young children attending YBM’s PSA, Appletree, Learningtree, GATE and LIA schools. Please visit http://www.ybmpine.com and click under PINE Schools to learn more information about these schools.
When there is no relief teaching duties, there will be office work as a curriculum developer and as an editor in an office environment at the YBM Head Office (right outside Jongno 3(sam)-ga Station, exit 15).
Why Choose this Job?
1. 20 vacation days per year (You can choose the dates)
2. Teach at various YBM PINE schools in Seoul. No repetitive schedule for the entire year
3. Working at the YBM Head Office at Jongro-3ga station, when there are no relief teaching duties
4. A ratio of 70% for Relief Teaching and 30% for Curriculum Development & Editing.
5. Meet and interact with tons of new teachers and staff members at various locations!
Start Date: August 19th ~ 25th
Position: Relief Teacher Position YBM Head Office base and various locations
Salary: 2.3 million + severance pay (29,900,000 KRW a year incl. severance)
Housing: Rent free single studio selected by YBM or Housing subsidy of 450,000 won/month
Korean Pension and Health Insurance: Fully comply with this regulation
Benefits: Severance pay, 20 Vacation days + all national holidays off
Work Place: YBM Head Office in Jongro or YBM PINE schools in Seoul & Bundang
Work Hours: Depends on the relief teaching assignment (Ex. 9:00am to 4:30pm or 6:00pm etc)
Please apply if you meet these requirements
1. Native English speaker with an E2, F2, F6 visa currently in Korea
2. Must have teaching children experience in Korea
3. Bachelors degree or higher
Qualifying applicants should submit a cover email, resume, recent photo and a Korean contact number with the range of hours they can be reached.
Danny J. Kim
YBM Head Office
Please state in your cover email that you are applying for the Relief Teacher position and not a teaching position.
What to expect: Qualified applicants will be contacted by the YBM Head Office and given further instructions on the next step.