Part Time and Full time ESL Young Learner Teachers needed - Apollo Junior – International House Hanoi and HCMC, Vietnam
Experience working in a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern.
Apollo Junior is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated young learner teachers to join our HCMC team. October/ November start dates available.
We have 20 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam and currently operate over 20 training centres nationwide. Apollo Junior offers a range of young learner classes, teaching 3 to 17 year olds with the goal of creating a rewarding and high quality learning environment.
At Apollo you can expect:
• A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
• A wide range of resources and modern facilities
• A variety of courses and learners
• Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
• Opportunities for career development
• Planning communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
• Participating in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members
• Teaching across our range of levels, ages, and courses
• Administering and marking course tests
• Writing student reports
• Conducting placement testing
• Teaching off-site classes, as required
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 18-25 hours per week for Full time, 8-16 hours per week for part time. Classes run from 7:30am to 10:00pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Teachers are given two consecutive days off.
Essential requirements for all teaching positions:
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL / IHC
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9
• Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
• 4 months’ validity on passport
Teachers with previous Young Learner experience will be prioritised
• Competitive salary based on qualification and experience
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: www.apollo.edu.vn www.teachatapollo.com
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Ms. Ngan Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.