Colegio Decroly Americano has openings for subject teachers in the following areas: Pre-School (Early Learning Center) Language Arts (Elementary) Science (Middle School).
Must be highly qualified and competent teachers, who have the ability to teach all levels of the subject of expertise, and are committed to the welfare and education of all students. Will develop a balanced program with appropriate activities designed to encourage students to develop good skills and attitudes. Will establish and maintain standard of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
Will evaluate each student´s development in the course(s) being taught and prepare necessary reports. Must communicate student´s progress to parents on a regular basis through written reports.
COLEGIO DECROLY AMERICANO
Colegio Decroly Americano, is a private, coeducational, bilingual (English-Spanish), and a non-sectarian school, founded by Fomento Educativo in 1993. The school was established with the purpose of offering and education based on excellence. We are accredited by NEASC.
The curriculum is articulated from Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade modeled after US private school. It is focused on a standard based education that fosters: Intellectual, emotional and physical skills, positive social interaction, creative and critical thinking and aesthetic appreciation.
• Emphasis in teaching the English language with 80% of the overall school curriculum taught in English
• On-going professional development programs
• Academic guidance and counseling program
• Systematic and continuous evaluation criteria, to ensure students’ academic and personal achievement
• Programs to assist the individual needs of students
From Monday to Thursday classes are held from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.; on Fridays, classes are held from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday´s afternoons are used for Professional Development. Co-curricular activities are held Monday-Thursday 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
BENEFITS OFFERED TO INTERNATIONAL TEACHERS
CDA requires two years commitment in order to offer a contract
• Monthly stipend paid in local currency
• $750 US dollars for airfare
• Housing is provided in a shared two-bedroom furnished apartment that includes all basic utilities, cable, internet, electricity, etc.
• Local medical insurance
• Transportation to/from school in school buses
• Cell phone
• After-school clubs/tutorials for an additional stipend
The monthly stipend is paid in local currency and it goes from US$1,100 to 1,200 (The school opens a bank account and debit card with a local bank). The cost of living in Guatemala is less expensive than in the US or even other South American countries
Is provided in an apartment building located in zone 9 in Guatemala City, the apartments are totally furnished including: dishes, small appliances, bedding and other basic items.
Please send your CV and a copy of your University Diploma to email@example.com