Washington English Center is a moderately sized language center located in Hanoi celebrating our ninth year of operation. Our English center is part of the Education and Training Consultation Group (ETC) that has been providing education services to Vietnamese students for the past 20 years.
This year, we are looking to expand our native speaker teaching team to continue carrying out our successful and exciting partnership program.
Our partnership program has been running for seven years and we are currently recruiting teachers for the 2016 - 2017 academic school year. Our program teaches students from primary level (grade 1-5) all the way to high school level (grade 10-12). Teachers will be assigned to teach the level that is most suitable for his/her experience and expertise. Although class size varies from 25 to 40 students, there always is a teaching assistant who in most case is the English teacher from the partner schools.
The full-time position we are offering at our center is a wonderful opportunity to expand one’s own experience and enjoy a stable and reliable source of work while experiencing the wonderful culture of Vietnam. With the benefits of days off a week, work permit, and competitive salary, the position is ideal for those who are old to ESL.
Please take the time to read over the details below of the position and email us with your application. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you.
• English speakers from America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the UK
• Relevant College Degree (4 years)
• CELTA or TESOL certificate or other teaching equivalency
• At least 1 year of teaching experience
- A clean Police Clearance Check
• High level of in class Energy
• Enthusiastic about teaching ESL
• A professional attitude and appearance
• Able to teach in a Language Center and Partner School classroom
• Able to produce a Neutral Accent during lessons
Details of Position:
• 20-25 USD per hour based on experience and qualifications
- Guarantee a minimum of 60 hours teaching month
• No deduction is taken from monthly salary.
- Attractive Completion Bonus
• Visa & Work Permits
- Setup of a local bank account
- Receive training to improve teaching skills
- Teaching the provided syllabus using ESL methods
- Creating and administering engaging speaking activities
- Administering mid-term and final tests
- Participating in mandatory training workshops and meetings
- Attending special school events
- In certain circumstances, working or covering at the English center
- Regular communication with our office
- Teacher’s package includes information, curriculum, and teaching materials
- Approachable and friendly working environment
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Flexible: willingness to adapt to new environment and change
- Self sufficient: Ability to manage oneself in a new cultural environment
- Culturally sensitive: desire to interact with other Vietnamese teachers and respect the culture differences
- Creative: ability to solve problems quickly and come up with interesting and dynamic lesson plans cater to the needs of Vietnamese students
- Experienced: at ease with large classes, various approaches to ESL teaching giving different teaching setting preferably in public schools
- Mobile: flexible in adjusting to transportation and traffic in Hanoi
- Committed: desire to follow through different projects at hand and complete until the end of contract
Position start dates are from July 15th 2016. The School Year runs from July to May 2017.
Method of Application:
Please email your CV, current Photo, and Cover letter to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org the Subject line of “Your Name Full-Time ESL teaching position”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Washington Language Center Hiring Team