1. Name of University
The Catholic University of Korea - International Language Education Center
2. Position: GEO Instructor
The Catholic University of Korea is looking for candidates to fill a short-term position to teach in the Global English Outreach program for the period August 29 to December 31, 2016. The GEO Program is an intensive English conversation credit course for university students, offered on five different levels ranging from Beginners to Advanced levels.
1) Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in TESOL or related field.
2) Minimum of two years of experience teaching ESL/EFL at university level.
3) A native speaker of English from an English speaking country.
16 hours of class per week for the duration of the contract. The GEO Instructor must participate in 3 hours of weekly extracurricular activities in the Global Lounge conducting Counseling Sessions or attending GEO (Global English Outreach) Programs.
5. Terms of contract
1) Period of contract: Four months with the possibility of renewal.
2) Salary: 2,923,076 won/month (before tax deduction).
The university will not sponsor the applicant¡¯s visa or provide housing.
Successful applicants will be responsible to get permission from their visa sponsor in writing to teach in this program.
6. Deadline for application: July 25, 2016 by 5 pm.
* Applications and all the required documents MUST be received by the deadline via e-mail.
Bring the original documents on the day of your interview.
Documents to submit:
- The application form with your photograph attached.
(Downloadable at http://www.catholic.ac.kr/~ilec) -> ÀÚ·á½Ç -> ¾ç½ÄÇÔ -> faculty application form
- A cover letter and resume
- A photocopy of diploma
- A photocopy of transcripts
- A photocopy of criminal record
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of passport
- A copy of alien registration card
7. Mailing Address and Inquiry
International Language Education Center (IH 106)
The Catholic University of Korea, Songsim Campus
43 Jibong-ro, Wonmi-gu, Bucheon-si
Gyeonggi-do, 14662, Korea
Tel : 02-2164-4750, 4744