Recruitment Announcement Period : July 19, 2016 ~ August 3, 2016
*** Application Period : July 28, 2016 ~ August 3(5:00PM), 2016 ***
* Position Openings
A. Position: Assistant Professor at General Curriculum Department (categorized as International Faculty)
B. Subject(s) Taught : General Curriculum English (English conversation. etc)
C. Starting Date: September 1, 2016
D. Contract Period: 1 Year (Renewed based on performance evaluation by the following: Administrative, Faculty, Student)
* Priority given to those who already possess an E1 visa, E2 visa or F4 visa.
E. Teaching Hours : 9 credits/week
F. Basic Salary : Around KRW 2.0 million won
* Required/Preferred Qualifications
A. English native speaker (English-Korean bilingual preferred)
B. M.A. or above.
C. Teaching experience(at least 2 years teaching experience at University level)
- Position requires that candidates with a M.A. or equivalent possess at least 2 full years of verifiable teaching experience upon graduation.
- In accordance with the Korean Ministry of Education regulations, teaching experience from a private institution (hagwon) does not count towards the required years of teaching experience.
- In accordance with the Korean Ministry of Education regulations, teaching experience from a primary or secondary education institution can only count towards teaching experience if the candidate has been issued a teaching certificate or license by the respective state, province, country, etc.
D. E-1, E-2 (or F) visa holders preferred
A. Airfare: KRW 2.0 million won (at the end of the full contract period, 12 full months)
B. Teacher¡¯s Pension
C. Health Insurance
D. Paid vacation during summer and winter sessions (approximately 10 weeks per session)
* Documents Required (Initial Submission) please submit the following documents to the address and email provided below, by the deadline provided.
A. Application for Assistant Professor
(* Please download the application form at ;
B. Resume (with photo)
C. Cover letter that addresses your teaching experience
D. Scanned copies of degree, diploma and transcripts
E. Photo copy of Passport, Alien registration card
F. Copy of teaching certificates (or TESOL, TEFL, CELTA/ RSA - if available)
G. Work certificates
** Those who are interested in the position should send the "required documents" through email and regular mail provided Email & Address below
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Office of Academic Affairs Office, Gimcheon University, 214 Daehak-ro, Gimcheon City, Gyungbuk, 39528, South Korea
Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted by email in early August. (Open lecture & interview Date : Middle of August.)
For more information, go to
* Contact information (Academic Affairs Office)
Contact: Yeji Park
Address: Academic Affairs Office, Gimcheon University, 214 Daehak-ro, Gimcheon City, Gyungbuk, 39528, South Korea
* Important Notice:
You are legally liable for submission of any incorrect or fraudulent documents. Should any detail in the relevant documents or application form be incorrect and fraudulent, such applications will be rejected and any appointments will be revoked.