Woosong Educational Foundation is seeking experienced, qualified candidates to fill a kindergarten teacher position starting in September 2016. We are currently only accepting those who are residing in Korea with a valid F-2, F-4, F-5, E1, or E-2 visa.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Only candidates meeting these requirements will be contacted:
- F- visa or transferable work visa (E1, E2, or D10)
- English speaker from Australia, Canada, Ireland, N.Z, South Africa, U.K, or the USA
- Bachelor's with 5 years of verifiable teaching experience or Master's degree (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred) and 2 years of verifiable teaching experience
Experience must be:
- Full time English teaching at a university, college, public schools, or corporation (not from private academies)
- Primary or secondary level outside of Korea is acceptable with teaching licensure
- Verifiable through letters from employers or certificates of employment
- Maximum teaching 20 hours per week
-Working hours are from 9 am to 6 pm.
- based on educational background and work experience
1) For Single teachers - a rent-free partially-furnished apartment close to the campus (single accommodation) is offered depending on availability or, in lieu of an apartment, a housing stipend* of 400,000 Won per month.
*The housing stipend does not include key money and Woosong will not provide key money, advancements, or loans to its employees.
- Vacation - 6 weeks paid
- Medical / Dental: National Health Insurance plan approximately 3.5% of your salary per month
- Private Pension Fund approximately 8% of your salary per month
- Free Korean language classes
- One year contract starting around the beginning of September. (Renewable with satisfactory performance)
GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Woosong offers staff discounts for study in the Masters of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning (M.A. TESOL-MALL) Graduate Degree program at Woosong University (http://tesolmall.wsu.ac.kr/) and the Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) at our international business school, SolBridge (http://www.solbridge.ac.kr/). Both programs are taught solely in English.
- Woosong is one of the largest employers of foreign English teachers in Daejeon. We currently have over 130 foreign faculty working in our English program alone.
- The Woosong campus is centrally located between the bus terminal, train station and down town area (10 min by taxi, 30 min walk).
- The Woosong subway station is a 15 min walk from campus or a 5 min bus ride.
- Daejeon city is 1 hour from Seoul and 2 hours from Busan by KTX. (http://www.metro.daejeon.kr/english/)
- Daejeon is the 5th largest city in South Korea. It is a major urban city and the cost of living is cheaper than in Seoul or Busan.
- Woosong employees enjoy staff discounts at Woosong affiliated businesses such as restaurants, car care, gym memberships and indoor swimming pools.
- Our website is at http://www.woosong.org/wli/
First screening--Submit a cover letter, résumé, scan of passport information page and proof of experience to the Global Center HR Manager at:email@example.com
Indicate in the subject line the following information:
Name - Woosong Kindergarten Teacher Applicant
(E.G Smith - Woosong Kindergarten Teacher Applicant)
Applications will be reviewed and those which meet Woosong's requirements will pass to the interview stage until all positions are filled. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to everyone. We appreciate your understanding.
For those candidates who pass the screenings and interviews, the following items listed below will be needed^.
^ Failure to provide the relevant paperwork in a timely manner may be grounds to cease the application process.
Before applying for your visa:
-Apostille of highest degree (BA or MA original sent directly to Woosong)
-2 Apostilles of criminal background check from your county's federal police (ex. FBI, RCMP, Scotland Yard etc.)
- Health check
- 10 photographs (passport style) 3.5cm x 4.5 cm
-Copies of any certificates (e.g., teaching licenses, TESL certificates, etc.)
-Scanned transcripts for all levels (BA, MA)
-All proofs of employment with exact dates of employment with employer's signature on official letterhead (letters should also be dated)
- Korean criminal background check if currently living in Korea
After applying for your visa:
-All sealed original transcripts from college or university for all levels (BA, MA)
-Health check* (when you arrive)
-Certificate of Residency for tax exemption from their country's tax agency (if you qualify for tax exemption, Woosong must have this within 3 months of your arrival in Korea)
*Woosong University requires a national level criminal background check, an original copy of diploma, and health report. The health report will require a medical examination done in Korea which involves testing for tuberculosis, HIV, hepatitis and drug use (Tetrahydrocannabinol, opiates, etc.).