The English Language Institute, King Abdul-Aziz University in Jeddah invites applicants for the post of English language instructors. There are vacancies for male and female instructors.
During Mid-August 2016, the ELI will be recruiting and conducting interviews in Dubai.
During Late-August 2016, the ELI will be recruiting and conducting interviews in London.
Position Title: English language instructor.
Classification: Intensive English Language Program (Preparatory Year) – Full-time; renewable.
o Teach 18 contact hours per week (40-hour work week in total).
o Adhere to the allocated working hours.
o Show a high degree of language proficiency, flexibility, team work capability, intercultural competence and professionalism.
o Support and participate in curriculum and lesson planning, classroom management, instruction, student evaluation, academic and professional development, and ELI community service.
o Proctor tests.
• MA in TESL, TEFL, Applied Linguistics (or any related field from an accredited university). Or,
• BA in English plus a Certificate/Diploma in English Language Teaching (and a minimum experience of three years in ELT).
• Ability to communicate accurately and fluently with full operational command of English.
• ESL/EFL teacher training/mentoring skills;
• Overseas teaching experience, especially in the Middle East.
• Experience in course/curriculum development, assessment, and use of classroom technology.
Salary and Benefits
o Competitive, tax-free offer based on qualifications and experience.
o Housing, furniture and transportation allowances.
o Paid 60-day summer vacation in addition to official public holidays and term breaks.
o Roundtrip tickets for the instructors and up to 3 dependants residing in Saudi Arabia.
o Free medical treatment at the university hospital.
o End-of-service bonus.
If you meet the above requirements, please email your updated CV along with scanned copies of your qualifications and documented evidence of previous employment to: firstname.lastname@example.org