Salary: 3.2 million won (with no housing) or 2.5 million won with housing; we give good raises every year
Location: Seoul city, Daechi-dong
Starting date: October 2017
Housing: Private studio apartment (a good one)
Teaching group age: Grade 1-6
Working schedule: (5 days a week from 1:00-8:00PM) Monday-Friday
Tired of looking at the same old ads from McHagwons? Looking for the freedom to teach as you see fit? Do you have what it takes to plant the seed of knowledge within the fertile grounds of our children’s minds?
Come to Twinkle. Filling Minds with Wonder!!!
How we are different
• Vision- to change education in Korea- make it fun and creative!
• Very approachable team who will help you
• Your bosses, the owners, are teachers and are passionate about teaching and teachers
Our students are more fluent in English than most students in Korea- our kids write stories, they don’t do fill-in-the-blank “busy work”
Or photos of our students’ writing https://www.instagram.com/twinkle_english/?hl=en
Check out our video and our philosophy: www.twin-kle.org
We’re looking for
• Teachers who have read and remember books by Roald Dahl, Judy Blume, Louis Sachar, EB White, Bruce Coville, etc.
Teachers who might be familiar with some of the following books- My Father’s Dragon, Judy Moody, Hatchet, The Indian in the Cupboard, Stone Fox, The Chronicles of Narnia
Teachers who know a lot about world history – ancient Greece, medieval England, Genghis Khan, etc.
Teachers who know a lot about science- how rocks and mountains are formed, how plants reproduce, how electricity is produced, etc.
• People who read regularly for fun, who love talking about history, who are concerned about the environment, who are fans of Ted Talks, Michio Kaku or Ernest Hemmingway, etc.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Do not send a generic cover letter