Instructor and Senior Instructor Positions:
November ~ January Start Dates
YBM Language Institutes is searching for dynamic and professional instructors to join its teams in Seoul. Korea’s #1 language education organization, YBM is Korea’s premier provider of English language content and services. Instructors for the adult EFL programs are offered contracts whose conditions are guaranteed by its corporate office (no franchises) and supported by a company whose reputation is second to none.
Working with native-speaking English academic supervisors and English speaking administrative staff, instructors are provided with complete support and assistance to help students meet their language development goals through Speaking, Writing, Listening, Business English, and English for Academic Purposes classes. Instructors make use of a combination of standardized lesson materials and texts, and materials designed by teachers themselves. Small group and one-to-one classes with adult learners provide each instructor with a meaningful teaching experience as well as opportunities for professional development. Come join our teams of professional instructors today!
LOCATIONS & START DATES
Note that applicants must be available to attend paid training sessions (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) in the third week of the month preceding their intended start dates. Teaching begins as of the first weekday on or closest to the 1st of the month, with the exception of English One to One branches which may have mid-month start dates.
• YBM Gangnam – January
• Base salary up to 2.5 million won per month.
• PREPAID, round trip airfare to and from Korea.
• Key money for housing PLUS monthly housing allowance.
• Minimum of 10 days paid vacation + Korean national holidays.
• Severance bonus equal to one month’s salary, per year of employment
• Paid pre-service training and accommodation.
• Visa processing costs reimbursed.
• Employer contributions to national medical insurance and pension plans.
• 50% tuition reduction on YBM Korean, Japanese, or Chinese language classes.
INSTRUCTOR WORKING HOURS
• Six 50-minute classes per day, 25 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday.
• Opportunities for Saturday classes (at above-overtime rate)
• Hold a valid passport and undergraduate diploma from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States, or the United Kingdom.
• Positive, energetic outlook and demeanor.
• Formal EFL teaching experience with adult learners, and/or CELTA, TEFL certification (preferred).
• Demonstrated student/service oriented experience (preferred).
• Competency with basic word processing and/or graphic design packages.
SENIOR INSTRUCTOR POSITION: YBM KONDAE STATION (SEOUL)
YBM Language Institutes (YLI) is seeking qualified candidates to lead its team of teachers at its center for adult language learners near Konkuk University in Gwangjin-gu, Seoul.
The Senior Instructor reports directly to the Center Director for YBM Kondae Station and the National Academic Director of YBM Language Institutes. The Senior Instructor is responsible for hiring, training, and development of instructional EFL staff, as well as regular student placement / level testing, and scheduling of classes (some teaching will be required). Good communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to handle a wide variety of job duties are essential.
• 7am – 2pm, Monday through Friday.
• Some Saturday teaching and/or administrative work (above overtime rate).
• Salary: commensurate with work experience and academic qualifications
• Housing: deposit of up to 10,000,000 KRW + 200,000 KRW monthly housing stipend
• Contract completion bonus
• Tuition discount on Korean / Japanese / Chinese language classes offered at YBM
• Severance pay, pension, and medical insurance in accordance with Korean law
• 10 vacation days + Korean national holidays
• Over 2 years teaching experience with adult EFL learners
• Bachelor’s degree (postgraduate degrees preferred)
• CELTA/TESOL qualifications preferred
• Prior supervisory experience in an EFL context preferred
• Bilingual speakers of English and Korean preferred
To apply for any of the positions listed above, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment history, and employment references).
• Scanned copy of passport information page.
• Scanned copy of federal-level criminal record check no older than six-months from time of issuance with affixed apostille (notarized copy of a fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens).
• Scanned copy of university diploma with affixed apostille (notarized for Canadian citizens).
• Recent photo.
• Indication of preferred starting dates and locations (see above listings).
• If residing in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back), signed letter of release from employer, and copies of the above mentioned documents as previously submitted to the Korea Immigration Services.
The complete set of documents is required for all applicants, regardless of current visa status and prior length of stay in the Republic of Korea. No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email.
Founded in 1961, YBM publishes Korean language editions of Newsweek Magazine, National Geographic, and Reader's Digest, as well as being the official test administrator for the TOEIC exam and the Microsoft Office User exam. As the largest and most well-known education based corporation in Korea, YBM Inc. offers upwardly mobile career opportunities throughout through all its publishing, testing, and academies divisions.