Who we are:
Speak Smile is an innovative and forward-looking language services company based in the high quality-of-life town of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Basque Country. Northern Spain). We are a team of professionals with long experience in providing language courses to locally based international companies, which is still our main activity.
How we work:
It is our aim to provide companies with the sort of courses that meet their language needs. For that reason, our language courses are specifically focused on the kind of language skills that employees need to use in their workplace. Therefore, our courses' learning objectives are set according to an initial needs analysis, which pays special attention to the students' professional profile. Our classes' quality is ensured through a thorough selection process, teachers' workshops and class observations.
We are looking for:
qualified experienced English teachers for a full-time / part time (around 20 hours per week) TEFL position starting in early October 2016. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
• Have one year experience and be familiar with the communicative EFL methodology and classroom management methods
• Hold a university degree as well as a TEFL qualification such as CELTA or similar
• Hold a valid driving license (as the post involves travelling to companies)
• Be an EU citizen or have an EU work permit.
• Experience in teaching ESP or exam preparation classes will be valued
• Willing to commit to a full academic year at least
Dynamic, creative, autonomous, up-to-date, responsible, punctual, organized, sociable, flexible, communicative, creative, outgoing, active and proactive teachers are preferred.
The position involves teaching ONLY adults around 20 hours a week (4 to 7 hours a day) from Monday to Friday, either in our centre or in companies. The lessons are held between 7:00am and 9:00pm (often with relatively long breaks between lessons), according to a timetable provided at the beginning of each course.
An important part of teachers’ job is, along with the Director of Studies, to decide on the learning objectives, choose the right materials and plan the contents of the course. Teachers also have to keep a record of students’ attendance and progress by means of attendance sheets and progress reports.
Teachers are employed under a Spanish legal contract (contrato fín de obra), ending in June 2017, depending on specific courses’ calendars. These are the conditions:
• Payment: Gross pay per teaching hour: 14,00 euros (including holidays). The monthly pay is made on the 1st of every month (e.g. the pay for May will be given on the 1st of June)
• Taxes: Tax and Social Security deductions around 8%
• Holidays: Courses’ calendars are provided as soon as we receive them from our customers
• Notice period for voluntary termination: 30 days