We currently have openings for two qualified and enthusiastic teachers to work at our academy beginning in September.
The English House is a small, highly regarded academy based in Alcañiz in the heart of rural Aragón. We teach highly communicative English to children and adults as well as being an official Cambridge preparation centre. Class sizes are typically between 6 and 8 students. Teaching contracts are for 22 hours a week and there are no weekend classes.
We are committed to providing both professional and personal support to all our teachers so that you can feel quickly at home both in and out of the classroom. To this end we help in finding accommodation, getting set up with Spanish residency and acquiring a social security number. We also run weekly teacher meetings and pay for teachers to attend one of the principle EFL conference weekends organised by institutions such as IH or TESOL Spain.
Alcañiz is a small provincial capital of some 16000 inhabitants. It is typically Spanish with very little English spoken or heard. The surrounding area boasts beautiful and diverse countryside and plenty of unspoilt villages to visit.
In addition to continuing their journey to becoming great teachers, applicants should be independent and outgoing. Some Spanish would certainly be useful but candidates demonstrating a real enthusiasm to learn will also be considered.
We offer the following:
• 1150 euros net per month
• Full health and social security cover
• Paid holidays at Christmas, Easter and any public holidays
• Possibility of Summer work on our English Summer Camps
• Assistance in finding accommodation, opening a bank account,
and registering with a local doctor.
• Private accident insurance
Candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
• Possess native level speaking competence
• Possess a recognised TEFL qualification
• Have at least 1 year’s teaching experience
• Provide details of at least one contactable professional referee
• Have studied to degree level
• Have a basic knowledge of Spanish
Applicants should apply with CV to Susana at: firstname.lastname@example.org