Compass Media is a global ELT content provider. Founded in 1999, we have developed a wide range of English language teaching and learning resources. Compass currently exports both print and digital media products to over 50 countries around the world. We are experiencing a period of rapid growth as high-quality content converges with digital technology and are, therefore, expanding the Content Development team to include an additional staff member to aid us as we continue to convert and create material for the digital market.
Location: Seoul Office, near Yangjae Station
Acquisitions Editor for the Content Development Department
Design and create educational material able to achieve specific educational results
Write material that is specifically aimed and leveled for certain age groups and language abilities
Design and create tests meant to perfectly replicate recognized standardized tests such as TOEIC and TOEFL iBT tests
Design exams that test students’ understanding and comprehension of already created materials
Content edit, proofread and spell check materials owned and being created by Compass
Supervise the creation of materials by freelance contractors
Make sure the creation of books and material is on time and on budget
Create teachers’ guides and ‘How to use this book’ materials for books
Prepare presentations for sales team explaining new releases and how to use and market them
Develop online materials for all new releases and existing titles
Support other content development related duties
Department: Content Development Team
Reports to: Manager of Content Development Dept.
Qualifications of Ideal Candidate:
Education and experience
- A Bachelor Degree or higher related to English or education
- Minimum 3 years full-time professional experience related to publishing
- TESOL/ CELTA or other ESL/EFL training, an asset
- Must meet qualifications for E-7 visa, hold an F visa, or be a Korean national
- Experience teaching ESL or EFL a plus
Skills and abilities
- A fluent English speaker
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Excellent reading, writing, and listening skills
- Familiarity with PDF Editing and InDesign editing a plus
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects at a time
- Able to both receive and give constructive feedback and maintain good relations with freelance contractors
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Able to work in a team environment
- Dedicated professional with long-term vision and aspirations within the ELT media industry
Period of Employment: Initially a one to two year contract with review period. Since there is training and a high learning curve for this position, we prefer someone who wishes to work for the organization for the long term.
Salary Range: 3,000,000 – 3,500,000 KRW per month depending on experience & additional housing allowance stipend of 500,000 KRW per month
Vacation Days: 15 paid days of personal leave per year and Korean public holidays.
Working Hours: 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. (Lunch is provided from 12-1.)
Pension: Paid in accordance with Korean law
Health Insurance: Provided in accordance with Korean law
Severance Pay: One month salary earned per year of employment
Projected Start Date: September 1st, 2014 (The start date is flexible for the right candidate.)
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interview process will be contacted.
Candidates must qualify for an employment visa under the laws of Korea. Candidates must be available to attend an interview either on site at our head office in Seoul or by video conference.
Compass Media is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Application for the position listed herein, does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
Please send an email to email@example.com containing a cover letter and CV with the position “C&D Acquisitions Editor” and your full name as the title.
Deadline: July 15th, 2014