Teaching Opportunities at Woosong University and Colleges in Daejeon, Korea, starting December 2016 and March 2017
Woosong Educational Foundation is seeking experienced, qualified candidates to fill remaining positions as non-tenure track EFL professors, starting in December 2016 and March 2017. The Woosong Educational Foundation includes Woosong University, Woosong Information College and Woosong Language Institute, and SolBridge International School of Business.
Assistant Professor of English as a Foreign Language
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Only candidates meeting these requirements will be contacted:
- Must meet the requirements for E-2 or F-visa status.
- Master's degree (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred) and 2 years of verifiable English teaching experience acquired after the master’s degree
- PhD (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred)
Experience must be:
- Full time English teaching at a university, college or corporation (not from private academies)
- Primary or secondary level outside of Korea is acceptable with teaching licensure
- Accrued after the time spent pursuing a master’s degree
- Verifiable through letters from employers or certificates of employment
Non-tenure Track General English Language Professor (GEL)
- Teach a variety of credit and noncredit English as Foreign Language classes
- Maximum teaching 20 hours per week, 4 office hours and 2 hours every two weeks for professional development. Classes are taught from Monday to Friday during the morning, afternoon and evening although most classes are in the morning and afternoon.
- Bilingual (Korean and English) GEL Professors who can translate and interpret may have opportunities for administrative duties. Contract hours for administrative duties are 24 office hours per week minus teaching hours. Teaching hours are from 4 hours up to 16 hours a week.
- 2,700,000 to 3,500,000 Won per month
- Relocation allowance of 40,000 Won per day for up to seven days for those applicants currently living outside of Korea (payable with first pay check).
- Initial contract bonus (an additional 1,000,000 Won upon contract completion) for all first year teachers.
- One month's additional salary is paid as a bonus upon the completion of a second year’s contract and every year contract thereafter.
1) For Single teachers – a rent-free partially-furnished apartment close to the campus (single accommodation) is offered depending on availability or, in lieu of an apartment, a housing stipend* of 400,000 Won per month.
2) For married teachers and teachers with families – Woosong does not provide a partially-furnished apartment but a housing stipend* of 500,000 Won per month is offered. In the case that two teachers are married to each other and working for Woosong as a couple two housing stipends* of 400,000 Won are offered to the couple.
*The housing stipend does not include key money and Woosong will not provide key money, advancements, or loans to its employees.
- Vacation – 6 weeks paid
- Medical / Dental: National Health Insurance plan approximately 3.5% of your salary per month
- Private Pension Fund approximately 8% of your salary per month
- Mentoring program for those new to Korea, or Woosong
- Free Korean language classes
- One year contract starting around the beginning of December or March. (Renewable with satisfactory performance)
GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Woosong offers staff discounts for study in the Masters of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning (M.A. TESOL-MALL) Graduate Degree program at Woosong University (http://tesolmall.wsu.ac.kr/) and the Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) at our international business school, SolBridge (http://www.solbridge.ac.kr/). Both programs are taught solely in English.
- Woosong is one of the largest employers of foreign English teachers in Daejeon. We currently have over 130 foreign faculty working in our English program alone.
- The Woosong campus is centrally located between the bus terminal, train station and down town area (10 min by taxi, 30 min walk).
- The Woosong subway station is a 15 min walk from campus or a 5 min bus ride.
- Daejeon city is 1 hour from Seoul and 2 hours from Busan by KTX. (http://www.metro.daejeon.kr/english/)
- Daejeon is the 5th largest city in South Korea. It is a major urban city and the cost of living is cheaper than in Seoul or Busan.
- Woosong employees enjoy staff discounts at Woosong affiliated businesses such as restaurants, car care, gym memberships and indoor swimming pools.
- Our website is at http://www.woosong.org/wli/