English Instructor Opening at Language Education Center, GIST College, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
The Language Education Center, GIST, is now recruiting full-time native-speaking English instructors to start from February 2017.
● Native speaker of English
● Master's degree (preferably in TESOL or related majors with a writing focus)
● Job Description
- Duration of contract: February 1st, 2017 to January 31st, 2018(renewable upon agreement)
- Location: GIST College, 123 Cheomdan-gwagiro, Bukgu, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
- Total annual salary before tax: approximately 43,000,000 KRW
(including a severance payment in accordance with Korean labor laws)
- Duties include:
¡¤ 12 hours of teaching credit courses per week during the regular semesters with office hours (or a combination of 9 hours of teaching and 6 hours of one-on-one English Clinic)
¡¤ Full-time teaching during the 3-week GIST Camp for Incoming Freshmen in February
¡¤ Teaching summer/winter school, if asked (with additional compensation)
¡¤ 1 workshop (of 90 to 120 minutes) per semester on select topics/skills
- On-campus housing available
- Private office
- Shared Korean national health insurance and national pension
● Application Details
- Deadline: 11 : 59 p.m. Monday, October 31, 2016 (KST)
- Go to Language Education Center homepage and click 'Job Openings' and follow the process ( https://language.gist.ac.kr/ )
● Review Process*
- Document screening notification: by Monday, November 14th, 2016
- Short-listed applicants after document screening will be invited to an interview and short demo lesson.
- Final notification: by Monday November 30th, 2016
* The notification schedule is subject to change as necessary.
● For more information, please contact Jiseon Jeong
(email@example.com or Tel. +82)62-715-3703)
2016. 10. 14.
GIST Language Education Center