APAX English by April launched in Vietnam in May 2015. Our program brings a new style curriculum and standard that is raising the bar of English education in Vietnam.
The curriculum and program originated in South Korea in 2007 as April English. In 2012, it launched its revised April 2.0 program. It targets primary and secondary school learners to develop communicative competence based on intrinsic motivation and immersion. Leveraging education-based technology tools such as automated speech recognition, smart boards and e-learning systems, students can improve their expressive skills and logical thinking abilities via experiential learning.
There are over 90 campuses in South Korea. APAX English by April curriculum can also be found in China and the Philippines and is continuously expanding. The success stems from the highly designed program, cognitive objectives and teaching methodologies, effective online training system for teachers that was evaluated and approved by the Korean Association for Teachers of English and our passionate and caring teachers.
If you have passion for teaching and compassion for learners, we encourage you to apply and hope to hear from you soon.
Notice: Apax English is currently recruiting for our new centers in Hai Phong, a coastal city in the Northeast of Vietnam. The third largest city in Vietnam, Hai Phong still offers a big city feel much like Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh, but is smaller and much less populated. You still have all the amenities you’re accustomed to, the air is much fresher, and you’ll have much more personal space and breathing room. Do Son beach is around 20 kilometers away, the infamous Ha Long Bay is within 75 kilometers, and Hanoi is about 100 kilometers to the West. To learn more about this job offer and to hear personal accounts and experiences about Hai Phong, we encourage you to apply!
Please see below for job qualifications, job summary, general benefits and how to apply.
• Native English Speaker
• Bachelor's degree or higher in any field
• ESL teaching certificate (TEFL/TESOL,CELTA) OR a teaching certificate OR a minimum of 5 years experience in teaching/training
• Able to provide a background check less than 6 months old from your home country or last country of residence
** All documents must be authenticated by your home country's Foreign Affairs entity or other authorizing agency
• Able to pass a health check required by the Vietnamese government
Typical tasks that may be carried out include but are not limited to:
• Preparing and delivering fully organized lessons that are provided (No lesson planning is required)
• Classroom management
• Marking and providing appropriate feedback to quizzes, writing assignments, etc.
• Attending and contributing to training sessions
• Participating in a limited amount of paid marketing events for the language center
• Basic administration: taking attendance, inputting grades, giving monthly feedback on student progress, etc.
• Entry level salary range of 34,400,000VND to 43,000,000 VND for 18 teaching hours / week, ~ 78 teaching hours per month
• Over-time hourly rate of ~500,000VND if maximum teaching hours are surpassed
• Accommodation allowance: 6,450,000VND monthly
• Completion Bonus:10,750,000VND
• 22 prearanged vacation days + 6 flexible days + 3 sick days = 31 total
• Health Insurance support
• Work permit application supported by company
• Salary increase negotiable after contract completion
• Average class size of 10-15 students
• Training Provided
• Opportunities for advancement (not only teaching)
• Ongoing teacher support
If you are interested, please e-mail your CV, aplication materials, to: firstname.lastname@example.org