Successful candidates will have a breadth of experience in English as a Second Language instruction/classroom management, curriculum development, and remedial instruction. In addition, individuals with extensive technical experience will be prioritized. This may include, but is not limited to skills in the following areas: Mechanics; Electrical Generation/Distribution; Electronics/Avionics; Life Support/Environment; Metal Technology/Sheet Metal; Maintenance Management; Aircrew Egress; Engines/Power Plants; and Hydraulics.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Assess students for English Language Comprehension.
2. Develop remedial ELT plan for drop-in students and execute remediation.
3. Use and understand technical English terms that the students use in their jobs.
4. Perform other duties as required.
Required educational/skills background:
1. Bachelor’s degree in ESL, EFL, English, Linguistics or other appropriate field; or a bachelor’s degree in any field and at least 36 semester hours in the fields listed above.
2. A minimum of one year of professional experience teaching ESL/EFL to adults and planning, preparing and coordinating instructional activities for adult students (2 years if degree is not in ESL/EFL/English/Linguistics).
3. Experience in the Middle East highly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and to talk or hear.
Work Environment (ADA):
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
?Occasional flight line areas that are noisy and dusty.
?May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind.
?May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
PKL Services is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply. PKL is committed to America's veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
PKL Services POC.....John McKeon,PKL Recruiter,email@example.com