We are seeking a new employee as a Non-tenure-track faculty member in the Department of English Language & Literature, beginning March, 2017
The University of Ulsan is a well-established academic institution in Ulsan, South Korea with full support from Hyundai Heavy Industries, Inc. The University of Ulsan proudly leads globalization of the region while educating future global leaders and experts who will contribute to Ulsan and Korean economy. We are seeking a new employee as a Non-tenure-track faculty member in the Department of English Language & Literature, beginning March, 2017.
- Master or Ph.D in English Language and Literature, English Education, TEOSL or related field.
- Writing, COMMUNICATION & DEBATE, LITERATURE
- Applications must possess foreign nationality who can conduct courses in English.
- Ph.D and college teaching experience are preferred.
- Teach 9~12 hours per week during a semester.
- Other obligations include scheduling weekly office hours and participating in major department events.
Terms of Contract, Benefits
- Annual contract(can be renewed depending on faculty evaluation)
- Salary will be commensurate with the applicant's qualifications, research & teaching career.
- Fully Furnished housing will be provided: 1 BR Apt. for a single; 2 BR Apt. for a family photos available at http://blog.naver.com/hsy3068/
- Health insurance and Pension
- Paid overtime for extra class hours
- Monetary benefits will be given when publishing research articles in acknowledged Korean & international journals.
How to Apply
- Please visit the application website below and follow the directions in the website to apply.
- All applicants for this position should download and submit the required documents below.
- Application Website : http://web.ulsan.ac.kr/Invitation/index_m.html
- Application Form(can be downloaded to the website above) : All applicants must upload the file(*.doc) after completion.
- Resume : upload as a PDF file(*.pdf) or Document file(*.doc)
(Must include e-mail address, education, work experience, research list and others)
- Diplomas & Transcripts (for B.A, M.A, and Ph.D courses) : upload as a PDF file
- Career certificates : upload as a PDF file
- Copy of passport or foreign Registration Card
- Copies of publications, if any
- Syllabi of courses taught in college, if any
- November 3, 2016
- Novermber 17, 2016
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Finalists will be required to submit the original copies of the above documentation and other relevant materials.(e.g. Ph.D dissertation, career certificates and others)
All applicants are advised to carefully read the information provided in the "How to Apply" section. The next step is to move to the "Making Up the Application" section. Applicants need to download and fill out the application form and also provide necessary documents (resume, diplomas, transcripts, career certificates, etc.) All the documents MUST NOT be sent to the chair of the individual department. All applicants are required to register on the official university employment website. The e-mail addresses of the chairpersons are provided ONLY for inquiries, Not for application. All documents e-mailed to the chairperson will be required to be transferred to the university official employment website by the applicant. Applications sent to the chair will Not be deemed official.
Professor Minsu Shim
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 82-52-259-2520 Fax : 82-52-247-1225