Full-time Positions at Seokyeong University
General Education English Program
The GEEP teaches two graduation requirement English courses: TOEIC classes which are taught to all freshman students, also offered as an upper-level class; and Communication English, a general conversation class for all sophomore students. There are also 3 elective courses offered; TOEIC speaking, Interview English and Business English.
- Contract period: 2 years (March 1, 2017 ~ February 28, 2019)
- Salary: : 2 .4 million won/month (25,000won per hour over 10 hours)
- Teaching hours: 10 hours, plus office hours; 20 on-campus hours per week minimum
- No vacation teaching required
- Offices: Large, modern, computer equipped, shared by 2 faculty
- Pre-semester, mid-semester and end-of-semester meetings
- Benefits: National health plan and private school pension
- Housing allowance of 320,000won /month
- Ph.D or equivalent, OR
- M.A and 2 years of verifiable English teaching experience at the university level
HOW TO APPLY
Application package: All of these documents must be submitted for your package to be processed. All must be mailed to the address specified. No e-mail or fax will be accepted.
- Application Form (Please download from) https://www.skuniv.ac.kr/data/application_form_2017.rtf li>
- Consent to the collection and use of personal information (for applicant) https://www.skuniv.ac.kr/data/consent_to_the_collection_ and_use_of_personal_information_for_applicant.pdf
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae with contact information of two (2) references/referees
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Copy of each diploma and transcripts (one copy of each)
- All certificates of teaching experience and employment in Korean or English (positions should be identified): issued within the last 3 months
- * Accrued after the time spent pursuing a masterÃÃ¸s degree.
- * All proofs of employment with exact dates of employment with employerÃÃ¸s signature on official letterhead(letters should also be dated)
- * positions among part-time lecturer, full-time lecturer(former), assistant professor, associate professor, and full-time professor
- * If he or she has previous career experience as a part-time lecturer, the weekly teaching hours should be stated on the certificate of employment
- Copy of passport photo page
- Copy of alien registration card (front and back) (If you have one)
- Two (2) recent photos (3x4 or passport size)
- If no candidate meets the universityÃÃ¸s requirements, the university reserves the right to suspend the hiring process.
- Our school does not return the submitted documents.
- Applicants who provide any false information will be exempted from the hiring process.
- Dual application to different departments for new recruits is not allowed and if violated, application to all other areas will be disqualified.
- Overall notification to applicants in the process of review shall be made via e-mail and the final stage interviewees will be individually notified by phone.
Application deadline: November 18th, 2016 (Friday), 6:00PM
Mailing address: The Planning Office, Seokyeong University, San 16-1, Jeongneung-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, Korea (02713). (No e-mails or faxes will be accepted).
For further information, please contact Ms. Park, Jae-Ryung in the GEEP office
Ms. Park, Jae-Ryoeng (Ã•Ã²Ã‹&Acir c;Ã¡Âƒ)