Yonsei University Foreign Language Institute welcomes candidates for a full-time/part-time instructor position to teach in FLI's English Language Program. The FLI has over 40 years experience in educating university students, business populations, professors, and the public who are interested in learning English for integrative and/or instrumental purposes. FLI seeks instructors who have noteworthy experience and educational background in the field of EFL/ESL.
Job Title: Full-time English Instructor(1) / Part-time Instructor(1)
Start Date: January 2, 2017(Full-time) / February 1, 2017(Part-time)
1) Minimum requirements: Native speaker of English with a Master's Degree in English Language Education, Linguistics, or other related field of study and a minimum of 2 years teaching experience as a full-time/part-time instructor in an ESL/EFL adult program and/or has a relevant English Education certificate. i.e. TESOL, CELTA etc.
2) Priority given to candidates who have experience teaching academic writing, thesis/dissertations and job skills to adult learners, understands language acquisition principles, have experience developing and using effective language teaching methods and materials, a keen understanding of Korean English language learners, ability to acclimate to new programs, and ability to collaborate well with fellow colleagues.
3) Must be currently residing in Korea with a E-2 or F-2, F-4, F-5 visa.
Key Working Conditions:
1) Teach Yonsei FLI English courses (http://fli.yonsei.ac.kr/) and other required courses.
2) We are currently looking for instructors who have experience teaching academic writing, thesis/dissertations and job skills(resume writing, interview skills etc.) for both full/part-time teachers.
3) Location: Yonsei University, Sinchon Campus (New Millennium Hall, Yonsei FLI) http://www.yonsei.ac.kr/en_sc/intro/openmap.jsp
4) Teaching Hours: - Full-time: 20 hours/week + other office hours- Part-time: 3 days/ 8 hours a week (mostly evening time, will discuss more about working hours during interview)
5) Base Salary: - Full-time: 2.2mil ~ 2.4mil + 552,000 won monthly housing fee (starting remuneration decided upon qualifications and teaching experience)- Part-time: 1,300,000 won / month
6) Contract Duration:- Full-time: 1 calendar year (renewable based on performance evaluation) 20 days of vacation (10 days during session + 10 days during session break) per 1 year contract- Part-time: contract renewed every 6 months based on performance evaluation
7) Overtime Pay: based on program taught(full-time only)
8) Severance pay upon completion of instructorship at FLI (Please note: Severance will not be issued yearly but upon termination of employment. i.e. if an instructor re-contracts for another year, he or she will receive combined severance when he or she leaves Yonsei FLI.- full-time only)
9) Medical Insurance, National Pension, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance shared by the Foreign Language Institute(full-time only)
10) Housing Subsidy: Full Supports 552,000 won for on/off campus housing subsidy (only for full-time teacher)
Benefits: Full/part scholarship at Yonsei Korean Language Institute(KLI)
1) Full scholarship for 'Special KLI course for FLI teachers'
2) 70% scholarship for 'Regular Korean Language Courses'. - Full-time teachers
3) 50% scholarship for 'Regular Korean Language Courses'. - Part-time teachers
1) Resume or CV (need to state all teaching experience in detail)
2) Cover letter(no more than 1 page long) on overall experience and qualification
3) Scanned or photocopied diploma and a copy of transcript
4) Recent photo
5) A copy of passport (photo page)
6) 2 references (Not in need of a reference letter, but will need a contact point)
7) A copy of Alien Registration Card (if applicable)
8) Copies of Teaching Certificate(s) (if applicable)
(i.e. Teacher's certificate, TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certificate)
9) Scanned file of Personal Information Collection and Usage Agreement (Go to http://fli.yonsei.ac.kr/aca/notice.asp?bidx=1471&bgbn=R to find the form)
Please send the required documents(#1~9) to
Ms. Sun Choi, Head Coordinator of Yonsei University, Foreign Language Institute
Email: email@example.com (please write which position you are applying for in your email: full-time or part-time)
Send by: November 28, 2016
Only shortlisted candidates for full/part-time instructors will be contacted for an interview. (2 interviews to be held mid-December / 1st interview: Head Coordinator , 2nd interview: Head Coordinator and Deputy Director of Yonsei FLI / 1 or 2 day training session before start date)