Oxford Business and English Academy is now hiring American citizens for several positions for an off-site English language teacher in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Benefits include a tax-free salary, western-style accommodations in a secure compound, yearly plane tickets to and from home country, end-of-year bonus, and close-proximity to the Grand Mosque of Mecca for Muslims. We are seeking to hire male and female candidates to teach English courses to our corporate client, a major air carrier. Transportation is provided for. Native English speakers of other nationalities may be considered. Preliminary interviews will be held this week in New York City and via telephone and formal interviews next week in Washington D.C. from November 20-23.
• Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in English Literature or Linguistics or in Education.
• Three years’ experience teaching English as second language.
• One of the following certifications: CELTA, DELTA, TESOL, or TEFL.
• Male and female candidates.
• Candidates’ age should be between 25 and 40 years old.
• Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
• Teaching English for non-native speakers.
• Conduct and grade assessments including English placement tests.
• Prepare curriculum and lesson plans.
• Have regular contact with the program coordinator
• Attend staff meetings and provide student counseling when required to do so during working hours.
• Official working hours are from 7:30am to 3:30pm with a total of 30 contact (teaching) hours per week.
• Classes will be separated by gender
• Teachers should be aware of cultural norms and abide by local laws
• Teaching starts on Tuesday, January 8th, 2017.
• The last day of work is Thursday, December 28th, 2017.
• There is a three-month probation period.
• Interviews will be held from November 20th – 23rd in Washington D.C. and New York City. Round-trip travel expenses will be paid for up to $500.
• Tax-free basic salary of $3200 USD
• Paid national holidays
• Up to one month salary upon successful completion of the contract
Note - Teachers who are hired for this project will be given priority to teach evening classes at the center to earn extra income if they choose.
• Medical Health insurance for the teacher and up to three family members
• Accommodation in a western-style compound. Amenities include swimming pools, fitness rooms, recreation centers, restaurants, a supermarket, and a generally relaxed and comfortable environment. Housing and transportation allowances can also be arranged instead of compound housing.
• There will be some extracurricular activities coordinated for staff such as trips to the beach, malls, and notable locations
• A ticket from Washington DC or New York City to Jeddah will be provided at the beginning of the contract as well as a return ticket at the end of the contract.
Please send your resumes/c.v.’s to email@example.com
We will contact all qualified candidates