The Language Education Center (hereafter L.E.C) at the University of Ulsan is looking for dedicated and responsible native English-speaking instructors who can start teaching on March 1st , 2017.
1) Native English speaker
2) B.A. degree from a 4-year college in an English-speaking country with a teaching experience in a college or university
2. Start of Employment : March 1st, 2017
3. Length of Contract : One year contract (renewable up to 6 years upon evaluation)
1) Regular Semesters
- Teaching 14~18 credit-course hours per week during the 16 week regular semester
- Teaching about 10 non-credit course hours per week (16 weeks) including weekend courses (if necessary, 6 weeks a semester) at the L.E.C. The non-credit course is counted as overtime hours
- Maintaining two office hours a week during the 16-week regular semester
2) Summer/Winter Sessions
- Teaching 56 class hours (multiply 14 hours by 4 weeks) during a summer and a winter session respectively at the L.E.C.
3) Assisting in the operation of programs
5. Annual salary (before taxation and insurance deduction)
- Approximately 31,000,000 Won ~ 32,000,000 Won
the Breakdown is 1)+2)
1) Regular Salary : 25,000,000 Won
2) Overtime Payment : 6,000,000 Won ~ 7,000,000 Won
1) Housing : A fully-furnished studio-type apartment (one or two bedroom, 49~73§³) located near the university will be provided.
¡Ø Maintenance fee, heating, electricity, telephone charges, etc. are deducted from salary every month.
¡Ø Photos available at http://blog.naver.com/hsy3068/
2) Vacation : 4 to 6 week paid vacation during the summer and winter, respectively.
3) Office on campus : Mostly individual (or shared by two if necessary), a personal computer, a printer, a phone and office supplies will be provided.
4) Medical Insurance and National Pension Plan : 50% support by the university
5) Contract renewal Bonus : 500,000 Won
6) Severance Pay: Upon the completion of each 12-month contract, severance pay, which is equivalent to one month¡¯s regular salary, is given.
7) Airfare : A one way air ticket to your home country at the end of the final contract will be provided.
7. Application process
1) Deadline : Nov 28th (Mon), 2016
2) Submit the following documents ONLY by E-MAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) Cover Letter
(2) Current resume with your contact telephone number
(3) A copy of college or university Diploma
(4) A copy of academic transcripts (college or above)
(5) 2 Recommendation letters from your most recent employer
(6) A copy of passport (photo page)
(7) A copy of Alien Registration Card (only if you reside in Korea)
(8) A copy of criminal record check with Apostille
¡Ø Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews by email or mobile phone
3) The interviewee should bring the following required documents at the time of the interview:
(1) Original Certificates of Teaching Career issued by previous employers
(2) A health Check (Certified by a national or public hospital, It should include cannabis, TBPE, and HIV tests)
Ms. Hyunjoo PARK
Language Education Center
University of Ulsan
Email : email@example.com