ESL Instructor, Foundation Year Program - All Campuses (Male & Female)
Niagara College, widely regarded as one of Canada’s most innovative applied learning post-secondary institutions, has expanded its international reach through satellite campuses located in Taif and Makkah, Saudi Arabia, and most recently, Al Majmah’ah and Al Ahsa. With a strategic focus on developing “world-ready and work-ready” graduates, the campuses specialize in delivering a number of diploma programs in the areas of tourism, hospitality, business, food technology and a foundation program for English language development. Applications are invited for the position of ESL Instructor in the Foundation Year Program, Niagara College KSA, Al Ahsa and Al Majma'ah Female campuses as well as Taif and Makkah Male campuses. Reporting to the Chair, Foundation Year Program, this exciting career opportunity offers the ideal candidate a once-in-a lifetime educational development experience in an international environment to deliver outstanding language training within the Foundation Year Program.
Under the direction of the Chair, Foundation Year Program, the ESL instructor is responsible for providing academic leadership to faculty and developing an effective learning environment for students.
- Delivery of approximately 20-25 hours of English language instruction per week;
- Develop / revise curriculum;
- Provide remediation during non-teaching periods;
- Prepare teaching and learning plans consistent with defined learning outcomes / objectives;
- Prepare evaluations to assess student comprehension of objectives;
- Incorporate educational technologies to meet student learning needs;
- Provide a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies and the College-approved Learning Management System;
- Participate in curriculum and consultative committees and departmental faculty meetings;
- Evaluate student progress / achievement and assume responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within the assigned courses;
- Develop and create a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students; and
- Liaise with community members and engage in program and College promotion
Required qualifications, at a minimum, include:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a recognized university where the language of instruction is English. Acceptable programs of study include:
- English Language
- English Literature
- Applied Linguistics
- Education with an English Teaching Major
- A Master of Applied Linguistics, Master of TESOL or Master of Education with TESL/TESL is considered an asset.
- Recognized TEFL/TESL teaching qualifications equivalent to CELTA level or above.
- Three years’ experience in English language instruction for adults.
- Demonstrated training and/or experience in the implementation and integration of multimedia technologies in an ESL/EFL language-learning environments.
- Experience in web-based technologies & computer-assisted language learning (CALL)
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
- Competitive salary package based on academic qualifications and teaching experience, including paid vacation and air ticket from home country & return ticket upon completion of contract
- Medical insurance coverage
- Transportation allowance
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
Application deadline: December 6, 2016
Position will commence in January, 2017
While transcripts/credentials are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College Saudi Arabia is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Associate Director, Human Resources.