HEAD OF ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
Supervise, mentor and develop to their fullest the English as a Second Language instructional program personnel.
Education/Certification: Hold a Master’s Degree of Education in Language Arts or related field from an accredited college or university. English As a Second Language Certification is preferred
Experience: &nbs p; Have at least three to five years of classroom experience. High school management experience is preferred.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Oversee the development of curriculum and instructional methods, ensuring coordination with national and international teachers and various curriculum syllabus.
- Ensure compliance with all school policies related to English as a Second Language programs.
- Observe and monitor classroom instruction.
- Provide technical assistance to teachers and support instructional methods growths in working with and improving novice students’ English skills.
- Collaborate with administrators and teachers to provide appropriate staff development opportunities.
- Lead curriculum development through coordinating the selection of appropriate instructional materials, serves on all textbook committees.
- Ensure appropriate testing of students.
- Seek alternative program growth sources to develop increasing depth in our program.
- Adhere to the district’s safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality in the conduct of school business.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of walking and interacting with students and/or school employees at the specific work site assigned (classroom or office setting).
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Other duties as assigned in accordance with customary duties of a Head.
- Free Housing on a school campus.
- Free Local Transportation between the faculty housing and the high school campus.
- Free International Airfare from your home country to Jinan, Shandong, China, and one return flight home paid for by the school each year.
- Western Academic Management.
- Bonus at the end of two years contract.
- Commercial Health Insurance every year.
Reading, ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control under stress; coordinate school-wide curriculum functions; develop policy, procedures, and use data.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer terminal possible. Occasional travel; and some irregular hours.
The employer shall conduct and direct, supervise and evaluate the employee’s work, according to the employer’s working system and regulations.
Salary: RMB20,000 to RMB24,000 before tax (salary based on level of education, credential, and experience)
&nbs p; & nbsp; Additional benefits of paid plane flights, housing, insurance and transportation are included in the contract.
Start Date: Feb 12, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Applications materials are available by contacting HR manager Ivy wan via email at: