To teach conversational English to public school children.
All contracts are for 1 full year.
There would only be 22 classes per week. 1 elementary class would be 40 minutes & a middle or high school class would be 50 minutes each.
Hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm. It would be Monday to Friday. no weekends, no split shifts.
Salary is in accordance with the government's pay scale. Please see here for further details : http://www.koreanhorizons.com/sub04.php. To entice teachers to teach more in the countryside, the government pays a higher salary. The larger locations pay the least.
Overtime in afterschool classes is often available to boost your salary.
• There will be an orientation 7-10 days.
• Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school
• 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
• Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 won
• 18 working days paid vacation + national holidays (5 weeks in total)
• Medical contributions
• Pension contributions
• 1 month salary bonus on completion of contract
• Sick paid leave allowance
• Special leave allowance
• 1 week additional paid vacation (6 weeks in total) if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0m won
• Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes
• Airport pickup, hotel for 1 evening & transport to the education office / school
• Introduction pack (including a Travel Adapter, a Travel Card, a Book on Teaching, a Travel Guide, a Lonely Planet Phrasebook & other goodies)
• Order anything you like from any online Korean store & pay us back once you receive your first pay check.
We will be available throughout your employment contract. If you google Korean Horizons, you can see what others say about us. Our services are free and we are financed by the government here to recruit you.
* be from the USA, the UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia or South Africa
* have a clean criminal history
The recruitment process can be seen here:
Apply online at:
or send your resume to: