Experience working in a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern. Apollo is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated teachers to join our Hai Phong teams.
Hai Phong 1 is the largest Apollo centre nationwide with a dynamic and enthusiastic teaching team of 20 teaching Young Learners, adults and Corporate classes. Hai Phong 2 is a newer center and growing fast, teaching young Learners.
Start date: December 2016 or January 2017
We have 20 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam and currently operate more than 20 training centres nationwide. Apollo Hai Phong offers a range of classes, teaching young learners (3 to 17) and adults (17+) with the goal of creating a rewarding and high quality learning environment.
At Apollo you can expect:
A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
A wide range of resources and modern facilities
A variety of courses and learners
Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
Opportunities for career development
Support to find accommodation and a teaching 'buddy' to help you settle in
· Planning communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
· Participating in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members
· Teaching across our range of levels, ages, and courses
· Administering and marking course tests
· Writing student reports
· Conducting placement testing
· Teaching off-site classes, as required
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 18-24 hours per week. Classes run from Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and 7.45am to 6pm on Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Teachers are scheduled two consecutive days off.
· CELTA / Trinity TESOL / IHC or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher
· Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9
· A willingness to teach across our full range of classes
· Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
· Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
· 4 months’ validity on passport
· Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus
· Overtime payment
· Work permit costs covered by Apollo
· Fully paid leave: up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 10 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
· Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: www.apollo.edu.vn and www.teachatapollo.com
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Recruitment at email@example.com . Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.