Assistant Professor Positions Opening Spring Semester 2017 - Busan University of Foreign Studies
Busan University of Foreign Studies, located at Busan, is looking for highly qualified, motivated, and dedicated foreign faculty member to begin in the Spring semester, 2017.
One of the sources of BUFS' academic strength can be found in foreign languages and cutting-edge language education with more than 80 foreign faculty members representing 25 different nationalities. We are a private university located in Busan, the largest port city in South Korea.
*Outline of Opening Positions (Assistant Professor)
1. Foreign Language Education Center
1) Major/Fields : English, English Literature, English Education
2) Level : M.A.
3) Number of Openings : 4 English Native Speakers
2. Department of English
1) Major/Fields : Business Administration, General Commerce, General Tourism
2) Level : M.A.
3) Number of Openings : 1 English Native Speaker
N.B.: Please ensure that you include in your resume the Department(Institute) which you are applying for.
-Applicants MUST have a Master's Degree or higher.
-Applicants MUST have more than two years of teaching or research experience at University or College level
*Period of Employment : March 1, 2017 - February 28, 2019 (Renewable)
-Master's or Ph.D. degree holders:28,008,000 won per annum
-Required teaching 12 hours per week
-Overtime payment will be made if exceed required teaching hours
1)Housing Options(Choose One)
1. A partially furnished One-room Studio
2. Housing allowance 300,000 won per month
(if you are living with family, it will be added 100,000 won).
2) Basic Medical Coverage provided through National Health Insurance
3) Transportation : A successful candidate hired directly from overseas (Overseas hiring) will be offered one way airfare between the point of hiring and Busan or a return airfare from China/Japan to Busan for the purpose of obtaining a Working Visa(E-1).
*Documents to submit
-Applicants meeting the above qualifications should E-MAIL the following PRELIMINARY application documents to: email@example.com
"Preliminary Application (Phase 1) Documents" include:
1) Cover Letter
2) Resume (NOTE: MUST include: name, birth date, photo(3x4), Nationality, Educational Background (please specify DD/MM/YY, address of the institutions where your degree was issued, registrar's office contact info), major, teaching experiences, current visa status, contact information including your (cell) phone number, email, mailing address)
3) A copy of passport
4) A copy of your LATEST university diploma
=>Should submit the said documents, otherwise you are considered an INELIGIBLE candidate.
*Application Deadline: Dec 18, 2016
-ONLY those who passe the applications assessment conducted by BUFS hiring committee will be considered for an interview.
-The detailed interview schedule including interview date and site will be sent to you via EMAIL. Absence of notification by our university means that you are not being considered or INELIGIBLE.
-Interviews followed by class demo are expected to take place in the end of Dec.
*For more information
Ms. Hannae Bae