We are recruiting for TEFL positions at the Air Defense Forces Institute (ADFI) in Jeddah, which is part of the Royal Saudi Air Defense Forces.
The ADFI in Jeddah caters to the Technical English Language training needs of cadet recruits and short-term training programs for Officers and NCOs.
We try to foster instructional approaches that lead to student-centered teaching, task-based, goal-oriented learning, and collaborative study with a communicative emphasis. Successful applicants for this position should feel comfortable in this type of active study environment and be able to make the most of the many classroom and CALL lab teaching technologies we make available to them.
Teach English as a Second Language to Royal Saudi Air Defense Forces (RSADF) personnel (Officer Cadets, Officers, NCOs, and Cadet Recruits) in a classroom environment. The individual will conduct English Language classes and labs in accordance with the established Program of Instruction (POI) and review progress of assigned classes and students. The individual will administer and evaluate tests and examinations, submit attendance and grade reports, prepare materials and reports, and counsel students as necessary. The position also includes participation in scheduled functions, training seminars, meetings, orientations, visits, and the performance of other related duties as required or directed.
NOTE: US Citizenship is required, as are US-accredited academic degrees. The awarding of non-traditional degrees is not recognized, and all degrees should be from regionally-accredited American universities/colleges.
This position is a Raytheon Company sub-contract through a partnership with Saudi Arabian Logistics and Technical Support [SALTS]. While Raytheon is the hiring authority, your employer of record will be SALTS. We offer one of the best salary and benefits packages available in the Kingdom.
• Bachelor's and/or Master’s Degree in English, or Teaching English as a Second / Foreign Language, or Education, or Languages or Linguistics. Qualifying degree/s must be in- classroom direct instruction; no on-line degrees will be accepted.
• A minimum of four (4) years of formal experience teaching English is required if the instructor has a Bachelor's degree.
• A minimum of one (1) year of formal experience teaching English if the instructor has a Master's degree.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience teaching English when an instructor has a non-relevant Bachelor’s degree and a certificate in Teaching English as a Second / Foreign Language may be considered.
• Must have practical knowledge of methods used for teaching English as a second/foreign language.
Candidates who do not meet the required qualifications cannot be considered. Please forward your resume/CV to ESLHiring@raytheon.com