We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic English language teacher to join our team. The purpose of the position is to join our growing team of 25 teachers and establish us as the best education center in Hong Kong. The position offers much variation and you will be teaching children in a small classroom setting of 5 to 6 kids.
Duties and responsibilities
Your primary duty is to create a fun, engaging and educational learning environment for our students. You will be required to work as part of a team a help create teaching schedules, activities and curriculum.
- Teach classes of 6 students.
- Create a fun learning environment that encourages participation of students.
- You will be monitoring student progress and performance.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class.
- Assigning, correcting and marking work of your students.
- Reviewing and evaluating your own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and programs.
- You will be teaching different age groups and levels so you need to be flexible and well organized.
- Dealing with parents on a regular basis and keeping them updated on their child’s progress in the class.
- Registering and monitoring students’ attendance.
- You will be required to nurture a culture where teachers view themselves as facilitators of learning and reflective practitioners.
University degree OR a TEFL (120 hours), TESOL or CELTA qualification is required. However, we value an enthusiastic and motivated personality over any qualifications. You need to have a genuine love of children and a colorful personality with patience.
- TEFL, TESOL OR CELTA.
- Love of teaching and working with children.
- You need to be fluent native English speaking.
Working conditions and Times
Based right in the heart of Causeway Bay in Hong Kong, we provide state of the art teaching facilities for our teachers. Our team is multi-cultural and we have a hardworking and fun working environment.
- Saturday work is a must and is our busiest day of the week.
- As we are an after-school learning center, most classes are conducted in weekday afternoons and Saturdays. Teachers have ample time during the day for lesson planning and prep work
- We are committed to our teachers with structured and thorough training to support your career and professional development with us.
We are looking for passionate teachers who are creative, fun, energetic, and enjoy a team-oriented environment that cares about excellence in teaching and professional development
Our teachers are very happy and well rewarded for their work.
- Full training is provided on site.
- Visa sponsorship is provided.
- A competitive salary of between 20,000 – 25,000 or above HKD.
- Assistance in getting you settled in Hong Kong; Housing, Socializing etc.
How to apply
For more information please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.