The College of General Education at Sungshin University is looking for friendly, experienced, committed and qualified non-tenure track full-time instructors.
- Full-time instructor
- Must be a native English speaker from a visa-compliant country
- Must have an MA and at least 2 years of university teaching experience as a full-time instructor.
- Successful applicants will be expected to develop and teach a topic-based English class.
- You must hold a visa, and your current visa must be valid until at least March 1st, 2017.
- Teach a minimum of 12 credit hours per week – and up to 15 maximum hours
- 9 office hours per week and other duties are required
4. Terms of Contract
- A 1-year contract which can be renewed based on student evaluation results and other performance criteria deemed important by the Dean and the department manager.
- Annual salary will be 35 million KRW
- No on- or off- campus housing or housing allowance is offered
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance coverage
- Korea Teachers’ Pension Fund (KTPF) enrollment
5. How to Apply
Please send the following documents BY MAIL ONLY. All documents must be in Korean or English:
B. Cover letter
C. Copy of diploma(s) for undergraduate/graduate degree(s)
– Must be able to bring the original diploma for the interview
D. Copy of national criminal background checks
E. Transcripts for undergraduate and graduate degree(s)
– Must be original and sealed
F. Copy of any TEFL/TESOL or other relevant certificates
G. At least two letters of recommendation, including referees’ contact information (can be in English or Korean)
H. Copy of official documentation of current/previous employment.
– Must be on official letterhead and issued by the HR department of your current/previous workplace
– Must include your full name, job title, and working period
I. Copy of photo page of your passport
J. Copy of your Alien Registration Card (both front and back)
K. A 15-week sample syllabus for a content-based course for students with over 700 TOEIC score (3 hours of class time per week meeting either once or twice a week) – this should include a course title, recommended textbooks/materials, basic class content and assessment methods. The class content can be anything that you think is suitable.
– The sample syllabus is very important as it is evaluated as part of the screening process. Please make sure to submit one.
January 5th 2017, 17:00
All of the above documents must be submitted by the deadline(2017 January 5th Thursday, 5PM) to be considered for interview. Applicants who pass the initial screening process will be invited for a short demonstration lesson and an interview.
*Mail all documents to:
Office of General Education
Re: English Instructor Position
Room 319, Soojung Building
2, Bomun-ro, 34 da-gil, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 136-742
N.B. Email applications will NOT be accepted and Skype interviews are NOT possible. If you are not living in Korea and will not be able to attend either a demo lesson or an interview in person, please do not apply.
Please call (02) 920-7227 on weekdays from 10 am to 3 pm for more information.