Travel a World Away, Make a World of Difference. Teach in BHUTAN!
This is a unique opportunity for qualified teachers to work in the Himalayan country of Bhutan; a country ruled by happiness, where culture and tradition are closely guarded, Buddhist values prevail and the majestic peaks of the Himalayas are part of every landscape.
Teachers are welcomed to public school faculties in small towns and villages in rural Bhutan, where they will carry a full teaching schedule. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity allows teachers to gain international experience, expand their career horizons, explore a new and fascinating culture, and make a true difference in the lives of their students and the communities in which they live.
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in one of the most remote and untouched nations in the world as Bhutan and the Ministry of Education move towards an exciting and innovative transformation to more interactive, thoughtful and participatory system of education.
Contracts begin January 2015 only! Deadline to Apply is July 31st, 2014!
In order to work as a teacher in Bhutan, the Ministry of Education in Bhutan requires the following qualifications at the time you submit your application.
• Be a qualified teacher with at least ONE of the following:
1. Three years of full-time relevant classroom teaching experience (English, math, science, special education)
2. A degree in Education
3. Teacher certification (provincial, state, or equivalent)
• Be a native English speaker
• Be qualified to teach or have prior experience teaching primary/elementary or high school English, math, science, or special education
PLEASE NOTE - to officially apply to Teach in Bhutan, you must fill out our online application at http://www.teachinbhutan.org/apply. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT RESUMES WITHOUT A SUBMITTED APPLICATION.