EAP Lecturer Positions
English Language Department
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
College of Applied & Supporting Studies
Box 38, Dhahran 31261,
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE NATIVE SPEAKER COMPETENCE IN ENGLISH, A DEGREE FROM AN ANGLOPHONE UNIVERSITY, AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED TEFL QUALIFICATION, AND TERTIARY-LEVEL TEACHING EXPERIENCE.
KFUPM is a male-only, English-medium university of science, technology, and business, located in Saudi Arabia on the Arabian Gulf. We are interested in well-qualified, committed and experienced teachers of EFL/ESL/EAP for our undergraduate courses in the University’s English Language Department. We expect to recruit new faculty for the start of the fall semester in September 2016 or the spring semester in January 2017.
The English Language Department (ELD) teaches three undergraduate English courses:
• An Introduction to Academic Discourse (freshman composition, reading and academic vocabulary)
• An Introduction to Report Writing (source-based writing and term report)
• Academic & Professional Communication (advanced research and report writing skills, recruitment strategies, business correspondence, and presentation skills).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Applicants need a first degree in any discipline with: a Masters preferably in TEFL/TESOL or Applied Linguistics; or a one-year postgraduate diploma in TEFL/TESL from an accredited university, or an RSA/UCLES DELTA. Applicants should also have a minimum of three years’ full-time teaching of EFL/EAP, preferably at tertiary level and overseas.
The academic calendar consists of two 15-week semesters (fall and spring), each followed by two weeks allocated to final examinations. ELD lecturers teach four classes per day, three days per week and have five office hours. They teach two of the three undergraduate courses and typically have responsibility for between 80 and 100 students each semester.
• Two-year renewable contracts
• Very competitive tax-free salaries
• End-of-service gratuity
• Additional remuneration through the evening language and summer programs
• Generous leave
• Annual round-trip air tickets for faculty, spouse and two children
• Monthly transportation allowance
• Free furnished, air-conditioned accommodation with free utilities and house maintenance
• Educational allowance for school-age children
• Free medical and dental care at the University Clinic or local hospital
• Excellent recreational facilities including sports, fitness and private beach
• On-campus and off-campus bus services to local schools and shopping centres
If you are interested in applying to the ELD, please send an e-mail—with the Subject: “Application 2016” and including your CV, relevant passport pages, and copies of your academic documents—to The Director at the email address below. (Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.)