Seeking friendly, collegial, qualified ESL lecturers for one-year renewable contracts beginning March 1, 2017
Sangmyung University ( https://www.smu.ac.kr/mbs/smu/ ) is seeking friendly, collegial, qualified ESL lecturers for one-year renewable contracts beginning March 1, 2017
Lecturers primarily teach required English courses.
Sangmyung University is a medium-sized university minutes away from downtown Seoul. The University offers a variety of majors with specialties in the fields of art, science, and education.
1) Job Description
- Position title: Full-time Lecturer
- Contract period: March 1, 2017 – February 28, 2018 (renewable)
2) Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Master’s Degree with 2 years of teaching experience.
* English, Education, TESOL, and Linguistics majors are preferred
* Applicants in Korea and with Korean teaching experience are preferred
-Applicants must be eligible for issuance of an E2 visa or otherwise eligible for legal employment in South Korea in addition to holding citizenship in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, and Ireland.
- Master’s Degree: 29,000,000 + 6,000,000 (housing stipend)
4) Working Conditions
- 14 teaching hours per week
- Paid vacation (20 weeks)
- Cover letter
- Scanned photo
- Copies of:
* front page of your passport,
* both sides of your alien registration card (if currently employed in Korea), and
* Originals of all documents will be required if an offer of employment is made.
6) Application deadline - Applications will be reviewed as they are received and until the position has been filled; therefore, you are encouraged to submit at your earliest possible convenience. Applications must be received no later than Thursday, January 26, 2017.
7) Contact Information:
All documents can be mailed to:
Prof. Eunjeong Oh
Build.A 7 Hongji-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea 110-743
110-743 서울시 종로구 홍지동 7 상명대학교 사범관
Email complete package in a single email message to: Daniel Craig at