Content Developer & Substitute Teacher Needed to Start in March: Monthly Pay 2.55~2.95 Million Won based on Merits, 4 Weeks Paid Vacation, National Pension
KnK International Homeschool--which is located in Bundang, a satellite suburb of Seoul--is looking for an experienced foreign, native English content developer & teacher who can start to work in March.
KnK International Homeschool is a growing entity with various departments, including a homeschooling department, a publishing department, an on-line English website ( www.cappytown.com ), an English language school, and an English library.
The KnK content developing team has been working to develop an excellent English program, including the Cappytown series, since 2006.
We provided our online English contents for over 20,000 students of elementary & middle schools in Seoul in 2014, and for about 10,000 elementary & middle school students in Gyeonggi-do Province School District in 2015. Also, we are providing Cappytown online English program for over 500 hagwons in our country.
Specifically, we are looking for candidates with previous teaching experience or candidates who have previously developed English educational materials.
The native English content developer will write scripts of on-line content and create workbooks for English students for pre-kinder through elementary levels. Native content developers will work with the content developing team to plan, edit, and develop the new contents. Also, the content developer teaches our students as a substitute teacher when one of our native teachers cannot work due to sicknesses or emergencies.
* Native English Speaker
* BA/BS (or higher) in Elementary Education, English Language and/or Literature, and other relevant majors (Speech Communications, Theater, Early Childhood, etc.)
* Preference is given to applicants who have English content developing experience, such as creating workbooks and storybooks for children.
* 8 working hours per day (10-7, including 1 hour for a meal break), 5 days a week (Monday through Friday). Content developers are expected to work including substitute teaching from KnK 5 days a week.
* Substitute teaching usually takes place in case one of our school teachers cannot teach their students due to sicknesses and emergencies. In this case, the content developer should follow the school schedule (working hours: 2-10pm).
* Salary: Basic Monthly Salary, plus 'Merit' Bonuses and Severance pay.
* Basic salary will be determined based on the applicant's education, qualifications, and content developing experience (Between 2.55-2.75 million won per month).
*'Merit' bonuses will be given at the end of each quarter, depending on the content developer's performance in the previous three months.
* The 'Merit Bonus' structure is as follows:
• Evaluation = 120,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
• Evaluation = 240,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
• Evaluation = 360,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
• Evaluation = 480,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
• Evaluation = 600,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
* Severance Pay (or the equivalent of 1 month's basic salary) will be provided following the completion of a one year contract.
* Single furnished housing that is comfortable and convenient will be provided.
* Alternatively, 500,000 won per month will be provided in lieu of school-provided housing, at the teacher's preference.
* Round-trip Airfare will be provided from place of origin after the beginning of a contract.
Benefits & Taxes:
* 20,000 won per hour for overtime
* 4 weeks paid vacation and all national holidays
* Medical insurance premium and national pension will be co-shared
* Income tax will be deducted at the standard National rate
* Scanned transcripts (for our files)
* Cover letter, explaining your goals and motivations for working in Korea
* Resume, with a recent photo
* Copy of university diploma. For Canadians, diploma should be notarized by a notary public and certified by a Korean consulate. For others, the diploma needs to be notarized and apostilled. Again, a scanned copy is fine for the initial application. Please note that the Korean Ministry of Education may require an original diploma be presented after arrival.
* Copy of passport page reflecting applicant's date of birth and nationality.
* Two letters of recommendation, written by former employers.
* Copy of teacher certification (optional, but HIGHLY recommended)
* Applicant's Health Statement (after offer of employment is made, please note that drug tests have been fully reinstated by Korean immigration and all applicants will be subject to such immigration requirements as outlined in Korean law).
* A criminal record check certificate. A scanned copy is fine for the initial application.
(In order to accept the position at KnK, a criminal record certificate must be prepared in advance. Please note that Federal checks are now required in Korea.)
*Applicant's contents portfolio
All documents can be submitted through mail or e-mail. If the application materials are incomplete at the time of submission, your application will not be considered until all documentation has been received. Please apply for our content developing position only after preparing all documents.
It is also important for you to be up to date on the latest Korean employment and immigration rules and regulations. Therefore, we strongly advise you to please contact your nearest Korean consulate to confirm any recent changes.
Also, we invite you to visit our school website (in English) to find more information about our location, teachers, and program prior to applying.
Website: www.knkschool.com/intro www.cappytown.com (on-line school )
Should you have further questions regarding the position, please contact Mr. Sam Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
KnK International Homeschool
603 Kwang-chun Plaza, Dolmaro 46, Bundang-gu,
Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do 13630, Republic of Korea
This is a GREAT job offer, working in a fun and professional environment. We expect a fair number of qualified applicants to apply quickly, and we will try to fill this position soon!!!
To Edit or Delete this posting: