YEONSUNG UNIVERSITY invites applications of outstanding candidates for non-tenured track foreign faculty positions to begin as early as April 2017. Positions will be a two-year renewable contractual position upon evaluation.
YEONSUNG UNIVERSITY is acknowledged as one of the best largest Colleges in Korea, having over 6,000 students. The campus is located at Anyang City (30-40 minutes from downtown Seoul by subway).
Department, Field, Openings
- Dept. of Tourism (Major in English & Tourism)
- English Conversation (Tourism English Conversation) ; degree in English, Literature, Education, TESOL, Linguistics, Tourism or Hospitality
- Total 1
2. Basic Qualifications
A. Successful applicants must have a master’s degree with more than 3-year experience or bachelor’s degree with more than 4-year experience of private/public university level teaching in English, Education, TESOL, Linguistics, Tourism, Hospitality or related fields.
B. Applicants should be a native English speaker.
C. Relevant teaching experience would be an advantage.
3. Description & Duties
- Teaching Content : English Conversation (credit courses/non-credit courses)
- Position: Non-tenured track foreign faculty
- Teaching load: 12-16 hours a week
- Required to teach either one of summer and winter session/camp with extra payment.
- Participate actively in curricular, instructional work and administrative work as needed.
4. How to apply
A. Application period
: February 9, 2017 - February 24, 2017 (by 16:00 p.m. - Korean local time)
B. Application Procedure
i. should include all of the following documents: downloadable at http://www.yeonsung.ac.kr/BbsNotiView.do?TOP_MENU=6&LEFT_MENU=1&LEF T_SUB_MENU=1&BBS_ID=atc_notice&CUR_PAGE_NO=1&PRIMARY_NUM=35394
ii. Documents to be submitted: (a) application (with photo – 4x5cm) (b) resume (c) cover letter (d) statement of teaching objective (e) certificates of academic degrees (f) certificates for all qualifications, licenses, awards, performances, patents, and other achievements listed on the resume (g) official transcripts for all degrees sealed by university officials (total GPA included) (h) two letters of recommendation from scholars or professionals in the same field of specialization (Letters should include names and contact information of the recommenders.) (i) original certificates of employment (serving as proof of employment listed on resume) (j) photocopy of passport’s ID page (k) photocopy of Alien Registration Card (if available)
iii. Postal, E-mail submission
* In case of postal submission, mark the envelope with the words “Documents for Foreign Faculty Position (Name)”
* In case of e-mail submission, designate the title of your e-mail “Documents for Foreign Faculty Position (Name)”
* Late arrival will not be accepted.
iv. After reviewing application material, we will contact you individually by phone or e-mail to set up an interview date. Some other documents might be needed if an applicant is invited to the interview.
- Salary: 2,460,000 won/month (based on 9 hours/week)
- Fully-Paid Vacation
- Overtime pay at a rate of 32,000 won per hour
- Extra Payment for extra English classes
- On-campus housing available (maintenance and utility fees have to be paid by the tenants)
- Office on campus is provided.
- Health insurance
- Private School Pension
6. Additional Information
- The contract for a non-tenured track faculty position is dependent upon the University regulations and is renewable based on faculty evaluation results.
- All items in application should be matched with a copy or original paper and if they are not truth paper, we could exclude applicant on the steps.
- The appointment can be revoked if the candidate is incapacitated or unqualified with the affidavit of identity or criminal background check record.
- If there is no qualified candidate, then we may not be able to recruit.
Application material should be submitted either by email or postal mail to:
Prof. Yoonsun Choi, Ph.D.
Dean of Global Affairs
34, Yanghwa-ro 37beon-gil, Manan-gu, Anyang-si
Gyeonggi-Do 14011, Korea
To Edit or Delete this posting: