Starting Date: March 2017.
• Candidate must possess BA degree (MA preferred) in English, or in any related field from a recognized university.
• Possess English language teaching certification CELTA (preferred), TESOL, TEFL or equivalent.
• Positions open to native speakers with US, Canadian, British, Australian and New Zealand passport holders, and non-native speakers with IELTS Band 7 and above.
Note: Candidates with PhD are highly encouraged to apply.
• Candidates must have a proven familiarity with all aspects of active learning and learner-centred methodologies. The ideal candidate should have excellent classroom management skills in facilitating group work and autonomous learning.
• Possess professional knowledge of curriculum development or good record of professional experience with evidence of coaching, mentoring and academic management.
• Possess high quality of presentation skills
• Demonstrate links to relevant external organisations in ESL / EFL profession (Optional)
Compensation / Benefits Offered
• Competitive local salary of 5,000-7,000 RM/month (depending on qualifications).
• Holidays: All state and national holidays, plus 30 additional leave days, plus paid sick leave.
• Work permit and visa provided: Paid and arranged after arrival. Candidates may need to do visa run while waiting for teaching permit and visa approval by Malaysian Immigration's Authorities.
• Flights: Round trip airfare reimbursement provided upon completion of contract.
• Housing and transport: Shared housing is provided for the first 2 months and shared use of college car for transport.
• MEDICAL BENEFITS:
1) Medical expenses would cover consultant fees and medicines from all private clinics and hospitals in Malaysia. The privilege is given to employee and his / her spouse and their children, which does not exceed RM 600 per year for medical & RM 200 for dental treatment, the latter for the employee only.
2) KYP will issue Guarantee Letter to pay for all medical expenses and medicines from all government hospitals in Malaysia, with certain exclusions as per mentioned in the Employee Handbook.
• To teach prescribed syllabus, conduct scholarly activities and contribute to research based academic development.
• To achieve school’s / faculty’s objectives in students recruitment, retention and achievement of its business development.
• To contribute to the school / faculty or committees as requested by Deans and Management Team
• Assessing students’ coursework and setting and marking examinations and other assessment
• Monitoring students’ progress, achievement and attendance
• Participate in student affairs activities
• Participate in marketing activities
• Willing to be available occasional weekends and evenings
• Positions will also involve assisting with trainings non-EFL faculty members in teaching and learning methodologies.
1. To formulate the English Development programs that will be in line with achieving an English medium college.
2. To coordinate and conduct meetings and workshops with the objective of getting students and lecturers’ involvement.
3. To ensure that proficiency among lecturers from various disciplines are attained and achieved via specific assessments.
4. To assist and administer the smooth running of various clubs formed by students as part of their community project.
5. To conduct and coach various levels of academic skills required by students pertaining to the Bridge Enrichment program.
6. To enhance the capability and credibility of lecturers in producing enriching and engaging sessions with students.
7. To develop the expertise among academicians and students through a variety of workshops, seminars and panel discussion in bringing out the essence of professional trainers.
8. To guide and groom students in the peer-tutoring program.
9. To organize extra-curricular events that includes movie nights, game nights or quiz shows.
10. To have the discretion of carrying out other assignments and activities elsewhere with the consent and approval of the college authorities.
11. To spearhead other projects with both government and non-governmental Organizations that will benefit the college.
12. To willfully carry out any other tasks required and instructed by the college.
Application with detailed resume, names of 2 referees, and advice on expected and current salaries are to be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 28, 2017.The final salary offered for this position will commensurate with the qualification and experience of the selected candidate.
To Edit or Delete this posting: