Improve your teaching, gain marketable new skills and experience, and learn Spanish in an 8-10 Month Paid Training Program in Guatemala
Start dates available April 2017-May 2017
Oxford Language Center offers an array of opportunities for teachers who are looking to add qualifications to their resume and move into the international education job market or veteran teachers who would like to add specific job skills to their repertoire
OLC offers the chance to acquire skills in teaching a variety of levels and ages as well as university entrance exams such as the ACT, SAT, TOEFL, and IELTS.
* Guided Curriculum allows teachers to focus on learning while teaching.
In an 8-10 month contract, teachers will teach private and group ESL classes using a guided curriculum that allows them to focus on student progress rather than extensive planning or curriculum creation. This gives new teachers a chance to focus on learning essential grammar and teaching techniques and more experienced teachers the ability to focus on developing their exam preparation skills.
* Receive training to first master and then teach exam preparation courses.
Our teacher training program has been designed to break the exams down into individual concepts and question types and modules to provide teachers with fast comprehension of the material which they can then immediately apply in the classroom.
* Courses and Students
We offer small class sizes in a round table setting for a more personal experience where language and culture can be exchanged comfortably and freely. Located in zone 10 of Guatemala City, OLC attracts a variety of clients ranging from international organizations, business professionals, students, foreign nationals and many more.
* Guatemala City
Guatemala City is a blend of late colonial and more modern elements both in architecture, culture, and way of life. Guate, as it’s affectionately referred to, offers a chance to step into the past with its rich historical district in zona 1 or jump into the country’s artsy and modern present in the revived zona 4. Close to tourist attractions like La Antigua and Atitlan, the city offers easy access to explore the country’s history and natural beauty.
Oxford has had over 10 years experience in bringing teachers from abroad to Guatemala City. Teacher’s will be provided with a housing option in a safe residential area, a reliable and safe taxi contact, and airport pickup. Our bilingual Spanish teacher will introduce them to the food and culture and take the time to show teachers how to best navigate Guatemala City.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Position: Full-time English Teacher
2. Contract: 8-10 month renewable contract
3. 25-35 teaching hours per week
4. Five and a half day work week (Sundays off)
5. Salary: Q4,500-Q8,000 per month (USD 550-1000)
6. Location: Guatemala City, Guatemala C.A.
1. Visa renewal sponsorship
2. Free Spanish lessons for beginners to advanced
3. All teaching materials provided
4. International Teacher Professional Development
5. We pay for you to take the DELE (an international Spanish exam) or the GRE/GMAT/LSAT
6. Subsidized housing option (Q1300-Q1800 including all bills and Internet plus maid service)
1. Native English speaker
2. Bachelor's degree
3. Positive, flexible, hardworking, self-motivated and disciplined
1. Cover letter
3. Recent photo
4. Letter of recommendation if available
5. Email information to email@example.com