Exciting Full-time and Part-time EFL Teacher Opportunities in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Teach English and make a difference in Vietnamese public schools with British Education Partnership (BEP), a member of Apollo English
Location: Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Start-date: 5th September, 2017
Availability is required from 28th August 2017 for Induction
Start Date: 05/09/2017 Completion Date: 20/05/2018
Contract: Full-time or Part-time
BEP is an experienced organization that focuses on providing quality EFL courses to local schools throughout Vietnam. With the number of school partnerships growing we are recruiting qualified teachers to embark on an amazing life adventure. This fantastic opportunity will provide teachers with a unique insight into the Vietnamese culture and a chance to positively impact the lives of young Vietnamese students within the local school network. The Monday to Friday schedule allows teachers to explore Vietnam on their weekends, and during the holidays the rest of vibrant South East Asia is on your doorstep.
We are looking for engaging, energetic and inspirational English teaching professionals to support us in our goal of meeting and exceeding the expectations of our partners and their students, making a real difference to local Vietnamese education.
Websites: www.britisheducationpartnership.org and www.apollo.edu.vn
Roles and Responsibility
- Teaching 70 hours per month in schools Monday to Friday from between 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Teaching the syllabus using innovative ESL methods and approaches
- Creating and conducting engaging activities to develop all four skills
- Administering and marking mid and end of term exams
- Partaking in weekly meetings and monthly professional development workshops
- Attending school parent teacher meetings
- Assisting with finding transportation to and from partner schools
- Competitive Basic Salary (FT) and Pay Rates (PT) up to 31,000,000VND (~$1,400)
- Airport pickup
- Relocation bonus up to 8,500,000VND (~$380)
- Paid hotel accommodation for the first 7 days of the contract
- Lunch and transport support for the Induction week
- Overtime payment up to 510,000VND per teaching hour (~$22.5)
- Travel allowance (65,000VND -110,000VND per round trip) in specific areas
- Incentives for challenging classes and marketing events for specific areas
- 9 days Annual leave, 2 days Sick leave and 11 paid Public holidays
- Medical insurance allowance up to 8,000,000VND (~$360)
- Attractive performance bonuses of up to 19,170,000VND per contract
- Re-sign contract bonus of 50% month pay from old salary
- Assistance and fully paid Visa and Work Permit Applications (app.10,000,000VND/$450)
- Independent: ability to manage oneself in a diverse cultural environment
- Flexible: willing to adapt
- Cultural sensitivity: Able to and have a desire to interact with Vietnamese officials and teachers
- Experienced: Comfortable with teaching large classes of students and various ESL methods and approaches
- Creative: Capable of solving problems and producing fun, compelling and engaging lessons.
- Committed: Prepared to stay for the duration of contract
- Participate in co-teaching sessions with peers
- Native English speaker or proficient English speaker
- Undergraduate or Masters level degree
- CELTA, Trinity TESOL or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Adaptability, flexibility and cultural awareness
- Independence; able to thrive in a diverse cultural environment
- A creative approach to teaching, creating compelling and engaging lessons
- Clean police record & satisfactory references
- Experience working in Asia and /or a developing country (preferred)
- Experience in teaching in a school setting with larger class sizes (preferred)
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Ms. Thu Tran: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Updated CV in English
- A current photo
- Scanned copies of BA/MA degree and teaching certificates
- Valid police check
Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.